hello from Bakersfield California

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monsibais

Long time griller making the transition to the world of low and slow BBQ. I just bought my first smoker on Thursday and smoked for the first time on Saturday. For the first time i have to say i impressed myself. i did baby backs and a brisket. The ribs took around 5 hours and the brisket almost 8 hours. My dad and boys loved the ribs but thought the brisket was too smokey in flavor. I used hickory wood to smoke. I'm going to smoke tri tip (my kids favorite) next weekend. I was thinking of using apple wood this time. Since I'm new to smoking i bought the brinkmann smoker I used the minnon method and had 215 temp for 4.5 hours them my fire choked itself out and i had to start a new fire to finish. I just ordered some dampers online to modify my smoker hopefully they come in before next weekend.

Welcome aboard monsibais.

It's a learning curve thing of how much wood to use and learning what the "right' amount of smoke for your family's taste. My wife likes "less" so i know where you're coming from.

Welcome from the Hoosier state. You should be able to find plenty of mods for your Brinkmann here.

Welcome.

Did you buy your ribs at the Green Frog?

A few pics from my santa maria style grill and my first attempt smoking this past weekend

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

monsie6

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back