Gloves?

Michigan BBQ Fan

Take a breath!
Reaction score
What kind/type/style/brand of gloves do you use when you BBQ? I've seen cotton gloves covered with latex/nitrite style gloves??? 500 degree gloves from Amazon??? Falcon gloves??? Other?? Thanks for the help! Happy Smokin'

for the smoker, I've got an awesome set of Welder's gloves that I've had for about 15 years... never used them for welding...
for food, light, knit cotton under latex or nitrile...

The nitrile coated work gloves work great for handling hot pans/smoker racks. I wouldn't probably grab something you were cooking at above 350 but for smoking temps they are awesome.

I do the white cotton gloves from Harbor Freight, with the cheap blue nitrile gloves on top, 5mil, maybe 7mil, not sure. But if you want to look cool, like the BBQ guys on TV, you'll need to get the black gloves. :wink:

I do the white cotton gloves from Harbor Freight, with the cheap blue nitrile gloves on top, 5mil, maybe 7mil, not sure. But if you want to look cool, like the BBQ guys on TV, you'll need to get the black gloves. :wink:

The black gloves are 9 mil and it’s what I use to pick up my dogs poop. I’ll give it a try.

I use pvc with a felt liner.

They were sold as bbq gloves.
I've seen them at Lowe's.

Awesome for pulling pork.
Hot racks will melt them.

Attachments

• 20180619_181409-768x1024.jpg
    20180619_181409-768x1024.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 150
Back