Et Tu NRA?????

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Received my new issue of American Rifleman. Sat down with a cup of coffee, opened the magazine to a random page. Pellet Grills??? A review of the Camp Chef Pellet Cooker.

Pellet Cookers are everywhere right now.

Except here, I don’t have one.

So pellet consistency is better than random outcomes using lump dejour??

Nothing against pellet cookers but I use a heater meter with my lump cooker and I submit that it maintains temp better than a pellet cooker

A7wzfCU.png

Received my new issue of American Rifleman. Sat down with a cup of coffee, opened the magazine to a random page. Pellet Grills??? A review of the Camp Chef Pellet Cooker.

Pellet Cookers are everywhere right now.

Except here, I don’t have one yet.

I fixed your post!

You could always give it a go. If I was you though, I wouldn't waste my money or time wondering. You have some good pits, and I don't even know about the 8 or 10 extras. I am not sure it would make your food better...at least from what I have seen...:-D

Oh judgement, thou have fled to brutish beasts, and Adams has lost his reason...:razz:
JK, these pellet posts got me thinking too, which can be dangerous.

What did you expect, pellet poopers have to be loaded, have auto feed, and they use terms like "hot rod".

You're the only one who will be able to answer that question, you will definitely get a different flavor profile, will it be to your liking, only you can say.

Personally I'm glad to have both, I think right now the Weber Kettle will continue to get most of the grill work and short cooks, the Drum is going to get less work but will make sure it stays in the rotation and gets some love.

Gave the Weber Gasser to my Sister in Law, it was pretty much just taking up space in the garage anyways.

My thought process in starting this thread was the popularity of the pellet cookers. They’re everywhere (except here). I actually need a new bike before I need a new cooker. We went and looked at pellet cookers a week or two ago. My smoking career really isn’t that old. Maybe 8-10 years of serious smoke. I’d like to experience all the patio cookers before I end up eating chicken strips at the mall on a daily basis:))

My Bride really doesn’t say much about my hobbies. Golf-guns-bike-fly Fishing-Cookers etc. This is the first time she suggested maybe selling a couple if I get a new one. I think Ive got 12 cookers. I can’t disagree.

I gave a brand new Jumbo Joe to my BIL a month ago. So there’s that.

My thought process in starting this thread was the popularity of the pellet cookers. They’re everywhere (except here). I actually need a new bike before I need a new cooker. We went and looked at pellet cookers a week or two ago. My smoking career really isn’t that old. Maybe 8-10 years of serious smoke. I’d like to experience all the patio cookers before I end up eating chicken strips at the mall on a daily basis:))

My Bride really doesn’t say much about my hobbies. Golf-guns-bike-fly Fishing-Cookers etc. This is the first time she suggested maybe selling a couple if I get a new one. I think Ive got 12 cookers. I can’t disagree.

I gave a brand new Jumbo Joe to my BIL a month ago. So there’s that.

I think the true lure to pellet grills is convenience. I love mine but if I had more time it would get less and less use. Purely judging by your posts you seem like a person who has the time and loves to cook. Honestly Im not even sure you would enjoy it. Its really just twisting a knob and coming back to pretty good food a little while later.

The lure of smoked meat. Lots of ways to produce great food.

Can anyone compare propane smokers to pellets in term of smoke profile? I find the gassers to be completely void of smoke unless I go full blown atomic bomb with the white cloud.

Go look in your kitchen, I think you will find a device there that you can cook meat with by turning a knob.:p

I’ll be honest. I’ve drank beer in the kitchen. I prefer to drink beer outside. In smoke- with music that stretches to the property line.

It’s about the beer

I’ll be honest. I’ve drank beer in the kitchen. I prefer to drink beer outside. In smoke- with music that stretches to the property line.

It’s about the beer
I agree. Plus, if you start cooking on something you can turn a knob and walk away, what would your wife come up with for you to do with all that free time?

I have a pellet smoker (Memphis Pro). It's a set it and forget it cooker that I love to use when I have other things to do... chase fence jumping cattle, dispatch chicken eating skunks, etc..
It makes great food. It doesn't put out the same flavor as my drums, the drums don't put out the flavor I get from my horizontal wood burner, the wood burner doesn't put out the same flavor that I can get from the block pit and the block pit doesn't put out the same flavor as my underground pit.

They all have their own place and I wouldn't get rid of a one of em. :thumb:

I agree. Plus, if you start cooking on something you can turn a knob and walk away, what would your wife come up with for you to do with all that free time?
Once the Drum or Kettle is up to temp, vents are set I can walk away, whats the difference besides there's no knob? I've put Butts on the Drum drove to the beach surfed for 3hrs, drove home and the temp was right were it was when I left 4hrs earlier. I actually trust the Drum more than a pellet grill or a charcoal cooker hooked up to a Guru because it doesn't need electricity to operate how I want it too.

I'm sure Adams can and does with the Primo, Egg and PBC, not sure about the SOB because I'm not really familiar with it.

Back