Old Country Over/Under: First Impressons

Bludawg

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After recovering from yesterdays Laredo trip I had a chance for some one on one time with the Over/Under. I had a good time in Laredo yesterday, Alejandro is a class act and a true gentleman with great passion for his product. Thanks again Mi Amigo!!

I spent several hrs doing a seasoning run this after noon this pit is Amazing!! It's very fuel efficient and heats evenly. It took about 40 min to settle in at 300 where is hummed along like a singer sewing machine for 2 hrs until I bumped it up to 350 for an hour then down to 275 for 40 min. before bumping it back to 300 to cook the obligatory christening Neked Fatty. It responds quickly to changes about 10 min on average. It drafts as good as Shirley; this thing moves air like it has a fan pushing it. Temps where dead even across the entire surface with a 5 deg difference from the top grate to the bottom grate.
[
About 20 min after I put the fatty on I had to add a split. This was the first addition of fuel since I lit the match. Overall I am Very Impressed. As I sit here typing I'm grinning like a Mule eating briar bush:becky: I can't wait until tomorrow I have a Shoulder to cook:-D

man i want one, but the current situation doesn't allow for a heavy smoker

do you have a pick of how you got your fire set in that big box?

Blu looking forward to seeing tomorrows cook. That cookers way to clean. :wink:
Enjoy!!

Awesome. God Bless Texas

Awesome. I like that design. I always give those a hard look every time I'm in academy.

Really glad you're digging the new cooker! The whole thing with you and smitty getting new pits is just great. Is this design similar to the Good one smokers? If possible post more pics of the firebox.

Looks like a nice one Bludawg. Congratulations!

Awesome you got to firing her up right away ! Been following the journey to Laredo so congrats on scoring the new pit and look forward to watching you break it in !

Good looking pit and thanks for posting your impressions, looking forward to seeing your upcoming cooks.

Back