St louis style ribs

D

Derek

Are these pretty good price @ $40 for the box of 5?

813535760_v24gL-L.jpg

&

813535745_VCQkW-L.jpg

Sure doesn't seem like it. What is the price per pound?

I bet that box is around 10lbs, so it is around $4 a pound which is not bad for around here.

I bet that box is around 10lbs, so it is around $4 a pound which is not bad for around here.
I think your right Landarc, And guess what?

I've found chicken wings that's 85 sodium for 5 wings ( Unsalted & Unseasoned ) nice eh?

yes, now eat only 5, I dares ya.

$4/lb for spares? At the Lunardi's down here they are always around $2/lb - but they are "all natural" shipped in from Iowa so I pass.

Back on topic:
For non-hippy meat $1-$3/lb is pretty normal in CA (sale price to full price at supermarkets) for Spare ribs (not St. Louis cut) but if you're a regular with the butcher they'll sometimes do a trim and sell them at the spares price

I can get two racks of Spares for around $15 at Costco (untrimmed). So, you could get six racks of spares for around $45. My thought is that 5 racks of trimmed and cut St. Louis style, sounds about right.

I just picked up some trimmed spares at Sams club for $1.97/lb. They come 3 racks per cryo. So like 6 racks cost me right around $30. They didn't charge more for already being trimmed which I liked. My trimmings usually end up going to waste so this was good.

Thanks guys, will 6 racks, 2 butts, mac & cheese, 12 ears of corn feed about 15-20 people for a family shin dig?

It should, are you gonna offer something else, you know, like vegetables?

Show us some Family get-together Pron Derek I for one would love to see how the Spares turn out

Hey gang! I can't remember who offered the rib throw down on here so I'm reviving a dead thread!

The Kansas City Rub ( Derek's Version )
817133772_6zhVg-L.jpg

St Loius Style Ribs un seasioned.
817133745_aWst6-L.jpg

Ribs With Olive & The Rub. ( put in the fridge )
Going to marinade it for 18 hours.
817133828_i2DiZ-L.jpg

a little mornings bumb, and I will be starting these as soon as the coffee kicks in!

Depending on the size of your butts, I'd say you'll have plenty of food. With a lot of sides, you can usually plan on a rack feeding two, maybe three. I could come and help you eat it!

Thank you for thehelp offer imaisufan.

But the family outing is in July. And I going to do this rib rack as a learning experiment. So that way when I really do cook the others in July they will be fall off the bone bonetastic!

Can I smoke my ribs for 100*f?

My faimly wants to eat the ribs around 7pm tonight. so if I do 98*f to 100*f it should take until 7pm when they're fully cooked right?

If you smoke them at absolute zero (-460 F) they might just be ready in time for the shindig in July! :evil:

Back