Brisket foiling liquid

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I bought a brisket to throw on the party this weekend. I've smoked brisket before and foiled it but never added anything to the foil. I've seen the term "flavorful liquid" used and now I'm curious as to what would make a good flavorful liquid:-D

I'm planning to try out the Butcher BBQ injection I ordered, rub with S&P, Gran. Garlic, and turbinado, a little mesquite and cherry for smoke. So what would you put in the foil:idea::lol:

Thanks for the help:icon_blush:

I don't see the need to add anything.

When you wrap it up it is going to make its own flavorful liquid.

I add about a cup of 50/50 beef broth and your favorite bbq sauce. great for dipping slices in.

Why not use whatever is left of the injection?

never tried mista's meat but i heard his sauce is amazing.:icon_bugeyed
i have never added anything to the foil as it is going to make its own juice anyway, but if its lookin a little dry ill pour a little broth in or even half a beer.

I wouldn't use the Butchers in the foil. Once you get it, you'll likely agree. It is really an injection product.

beef broth + sauce is a good place to start. Be watchful of the sugar in the sauce. It may burn. Use your judgement.

I agree w/ Plowboy, it is an injection product. Plus thats the whole point of it is to keep it moist and enhance the beef flavor...it does work. No need to add anything to the foil.

80%Beef broth 20%sherry (drinking sherry not the cooking sh*t) and a little minced garlic. It not you every day brisket flavor but its good.

I don't see the need to add anything.

When you wrap it up it is going to make its own flavorful liquid.

I'm of the same mindset as Cliff on this one. It makes plenty of DELICIOUS juice all by itself! Liquid gold, in my opinion.

80%Beef broth 20%sherry (drinking sherry not the cooking sh*t) and a little minced garlic. It not you every day brisket flavor but its good.

Interesting!!! I'll come by Friday night at the GAB for a tasting.

I do both - no liquid and sometimes the left over injection. That said, the injection is my recipe and not a FAB or FAB like product.

sprinkle with turbinado, then spray with apple juice mixed with touch of jack daniels.

Try "Ricks Sinful Marinade".

Rick's Sinful Marinade

12 oz. can of beer (Darker beer works best)
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup of water
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of your favorite barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or rub.
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix the ingredients and add when wrapping at about 170* and put it back in the cooker.

Back