Flat Iron Steak (pron)

ytsejam

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I grilled up a flat iron steak, some mushrooms/onions, and some corn, and mashed up some potatos tonight.

I rubbed the steak in my free sample, from freds music and bbq site, of Tasty Licks Redeye Red Meat Rub. Then I sauteed onions and mushrooms on the castiron skillet in the Aussie grill.
I put the corn and the steak in the weber kettle.
It turned out great, even if the pics aren't that great.
The steak was very tender and flavorful, I love that rub, and will be ordering more of it. It complemented the steak great. After plating the steak I added a pat of garlic butter to the top, which melted down on the steak.

For desert I made a orange/chocolate/nut cookie thingy that I saw Giada make on her show yesterday:oops: It was awesome!

A great meal tonight.

Last edited:
the mushroom pic didn't make the cut above :roll:

Last edited:
looks great!!! You cant beat the skirt or flat iron for the price! nice Shiner!

Under-Rated cut out west - We LOVE them! Nice meal you've got going there.

what is this free sample deal I keep hearing about?

Great look steak!!

awww shucks. I am getting some Blues sauce though..I love that stuff

very nice meal right there, flat iron steaks, I love them!

thanks for sharing!

I put the Redeye Red Meat Rub on a bottom round and roasted on the pellet pooper, that stuff is good. will have to get me some more too.

Nice looking dinner, is the corn from a local source? I bet it was delicious.

We're just starting to add the flat iron cut to our favorite steak line up - usually one will do me and the hubby fine.

Those Fred's Music & BBQ samples were all wonderful... for as many samples as he sent out, I hope it brings him some return biz.

Back