what to do with old smoker grease?

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I put a nice grease drain in my NBBD so now I have a bunch of yucky cans of BBQ grease. What do you guys actually wind up doing with the old grease? Sure wish there was some way to burn it for fuel. I'm not into biodiesel, plus I have maybe 3 gallons max, not enough to worry about making biodiesel with.

seattlepitboss

I go behind local chinese food restaurants and dump it in their grease containers

Light it on fire and use it to crust up a prime rib roast

I throw it in the woods.
Either the dog or other local woodland critters will eat it.

Hair gel or underarm deoderant

If you have enough friends ... put some on the underside of their car door handles. Some goes on people's wiper blades. There are a hundred places to get rid of it.
The best part is our friends wont retaliate because they want more bbq.

If you have enough friends ... put some on the underside of their car door handles. Some goes on people's wiper blades. There are a hundred places to get rid of it.
The best part is our friends wont retaliate because they want more bbq.

I love this guy!

Pretty good idears in this thread! Glad our brothers were here once again to help. :wink:

Send it Shane, he turns it into liquid smoke.

Or just throw it away during your normal garbage collection, if legal.

Im a huge recycler here but I put my bbq grease in the trash.

Warm it back up and strain it throughly and use it next time ya need to change yer oil.

Mustache wax :cool: Hillbilly KY :icon_blush: Tasty Laxitive :eek:

See if it really comes out of a goose fast!:twisted:

I let my neighbors dog eat it. Last time she was over she ate about a gallon of it and sprayed it all over their furniture and curtains while they were sleeping that night.

all ash and grease go into empty charcoal bags and into the garbage of course empty dog food bags hold the grease better

Back