chile verde

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I decided to take a stab at making chile verde on the kettle tonight. This would include some ranch beans to use up my failed pork sirloin (I assume there is no need to link to that failure).

The meat would be pork blade steaks, rubbed with a simple chile powder/lime powder and Bob's Top Rub blend. These were placed onto the grill after the peppers were roasted. The steaks were allowed to smoke at 250F for 2 hours.
P4130023.jpg

After 2 hours, the meat was starting to get a nice color and showing some signs of break down of the connective tissue. It was panned and the chopped up roasted peppers, some additional Hatch peppers, red onions and garlic were tossed in to sweat with the meat on the kettle.
P4130026.jpg

This was allowed to sweat down and begin to release some of the juices of the vegetables. Some green chile enchilada sauce was added to bring into play some more moisture to aid in breaking down the connective tissues. Another hour at 250F and this is where we end up.
P4130028.jpg

Add to this some ranch beans made with some Rancho Gordo Vaquero and Pinto beans along with some onion, garlic, spices and the failed incredibly salty pork sirloin, which worked great in place of a ham hock.
P4130029.jpg

And then there is the finished plate, along with some cucumbers with yogurt herb sauce to help provide a cooling element to the dish. This was some good stuff.
P4130031.jpg

Did not suck. How did I do BrisketBobbo?

You my friend hit a Homerun!! That looks freakingtastic! You know I'd hit that. And frijoles too boot!! Hoowee!! That's some killer grub, Brother! That plate gets hit thrice on Sunday!:clap2:

Bob

WOW! No, make that WOW!

Maybe you can get back in my head and make some of that over here.

That is the first time I seen chile verde with loaf bread, where r the tortillas???
Never mind.....................Where is my plate?! That looks FARKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! No, make that WOW!

Maybe you can get back in my head and make some of that over here.
Oddly, way back in the back of your head, I found a pot of beans, very little else was back there. And what looked like tin foil...

That is the first time I seen chile verde with loaf bread, where r the tortillas???
Never mind.....................Where is my plate?! That looks FARKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, tortillas would have been good, you are obviously not familiar with my 'no list' method of shopping.

That looks amazing! Two home runs in one day...no, this one was a GRAND SLAM!

Oddly, way back in the back of your head, I found a pot of beans, very little else was back there. And what looked like tin foil...

Yes, tortillas would have been good, you are obviously not familiar with my 'no list' method of shopping.

True dat!
But I'll shop with you, for food like that!

That is an awsome looking meal.

I keep seeing reference to hatch chilies, what exactly are they and does anyone know where I can get some seeds?

The bread seems to be excellent company for the pot of beans and the cucumber with yogurt is a great side for the heat, not to mention the complimentary flavor. Very nicely done!:clap2:
Anything special in the yogurt?

Back