Recommend me a good mustard

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have the French’s, Grey Poupons, Dijons of the mustard world, but I want something(s) higher quality, more interesting. I know the Brethren have some good mustard in their pantries.

I am not sure exactly what you want, but I am a fan of mustard with horseradish. I have tried a cheap Cuban mustard from Aldi or Walmart that is good, with a little extra zing.

Being an Anglophile, I'm a fan of Coleman's Mustard (mainly for ham or roast beef). Can be found in powdered form and reconstitutes well. Good flavor with a pretty good hit of spice, especially to the nostrils.

For Wurst and other sausages, I enjoy a good German senf (German for mustard) - usually in a glass cup-looking container with a handle. Good flavor, but a little less hit of spice.

Couple of ideas to consider. Have fun!

Stone ground is one of my favorites. It can be found top shelf in little glass jars or squeeze bottle store. That by itself or mixed with Coleman is dang good. However I go through many times more French’s Yellow. GP is always around.

Good suggestions, I’ll look into those. I’d be interested in some coarse mustard styles too. I had some the other day that didn’t have a ton of bite to it, but the whole mustard seeds added an interesting texture variable I liked.

Good suggestions, I’ll look into those. I’d be interested in some coarse mustard styles too. I had some the other day that didn’t have a ton of bite to it, but the whole mustard seeds added an interesting texture variable I liked.

Stone Ground.

The first one is from right in our backyard, Lenexa. I get it at Heyward's, but I've seen it at the KC BBQ Store. Perfect on sandwiches and for dipping. The second is homemade with the Penzey's powder. Great to cook with in sauces or slather on meat.
b18b41368b365923a3cb009bd2ab060d.jpg
d573d8503a7de236fe8586a9617cb003.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We have a few mustards.
Whenever I’m in north jersey I stop in Pulaski meats to get smoked Kielbasa and Pulaski mustard. https://pulaskimeats.com/production/ Best smoked Kielbasa you will find anywhere!
You can also get their mustard on amazon Pulaski POLISH STYLE MUSTARD (7.25oz) & Pulaski HOT MUSTARD SAUCE (5 fl oz) 2 pack By Granda https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086M6GKC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CBSBFbWX0HSZD

I also like Kosciusko Spicy Brown Mustard
I use Nathan’s deli style mustard On sandwiches and hot dogs.
We also have mr mustard, Frenches, and grey poupon in The house.

Now I need to try the one in the glass that was mentioned here.

Last edited:
Back