Dubuque, IA comp in 2010?

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am beginning the process of blocking off my summer schedule for comps and I don't find the Dubuque comp on the KCBS page yet. Do any of you prominent types - with access to insider info - have any idea if that comp is taking place this year? That one is close to home and it sure would be nice if they held it again.

When I was talking with Steve (organizer ) in the fall, he said it would be back on. But who knows for sure?

Email Anne and/or other members of the IBS board to see if they've heard anything.

Have to have money in by 12/1 to secure sanctioned event weekend...give them some to process them all Im sure the office is getting flooded with organizers sending in applications.

As I understood it they were doing construction using that area and it would not affect 2010.
A quick call to the hotel manager would pry answer your question for sure.
ModelMaker

We are looking to expand our contest list next year... at 171 miles, this may work!

I have a call into Steve - should know by the end of the day what's up...

I have a call into Steve - should know by the end of the day what's up...

I emailed him yesterday Nate and haven't heard back. So he might be home for the holidays...

Same weekend as Milwaukee. You can do the double header with us...
So this one is a Saturday/Sunday Event? Didn't know that...

Not sure if we are up to back to back events but I'll think about it...

Milwaukee was Fri/Sat and Dubuque was a sat/Sun... Over Labor Day weekend.

We called it the Caravan of Carnage.... Only the strong survive.

I believe we had 7 teams doing the double header 2 years ago...

It is something to think about... At least Monday is a free day off...

The only real problem is figuring out when my daughter needs to move back to college. If she gets a local internship, not an issue, if not, I may need the trailer to move her back....

Back