Pig Pickin Party

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Would anybody have any interest in a pig pickin party on Sunday Feb 11 at Daisy Mays BBQ in Manhattan ? I have a commitment form some NEBS members to make the trip. That is all...................

Sounds interesting! How about the time, cost, number of people required etc... My BBQ Team members have expressed interest in going to Daisy Mays BBQ. Sundays are usually good.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

It's such a good deal for a large group.

I'd like to say yes, but I'm supposed to be catering a party that day. Let's see what happens....

Cost of Party @ Daisy Mays BBQ

The cost per person exclusive of adult beverages will be $ 30.00 -$32.00 PP. This will include 30 lb pigs ( as many as required for the total number attending) side dishes, and some chefs special choices to be determined, I spoke with Adam and he will make the event worth the trip. We need 12-15 people minimum, to make it work, I have at least six now...

so any feedback ?

TK, can we get a pig pickin party out here in L.A.?

Ok. maybe not the whole pig. We could have a butt pickin!

Wait...

OK I screwed up. The price I quoted was for the butt not the pig.

Bigmista said:
Ok. maybe not the whole pig. We could have a butt pickin!

Wait...

California already has this kind of reputation:shock: ! Not that anything is wrong with that....:icon_shy

My biggest concern is that our young, skinny brother Plowboy is in town a couple days prior and we are probab;ly showing him a good time. Any other weekends I'm down.

pigmaker23 said:
The cost per person exclusive of adult beverages will be $ 30.00 -$32.00 PP. This will include 30 lb pigs ( as many as required for the total number attending) side dishes, and some chefs special choices to be determined, I spoke with Adam and he will make the event worth the trip. We need 12-15 people minimum, to make it work, I have at least six now...

so any feedback ?

Sounds real good. I'm waiting for a response from my team mates...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Eric,

So far I have 2 almost definite responses. What time on Feb.11th are you planning to go? Sounds like a good deal for Manhattan and a good time to be had...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

PS I have to hear from 1 more team member and then I'll let you know. Look forward to meeting fellow Brethren and NEBS members.

tommykendall said:
This would be very doable on virtually any weekend afternoon.

March is usually a pretty open month. How about getting a bunch of the California Brethren together?

SmokeInDaEye said:
My biggest concern is that our young, skinny brother Plowboy is in town a couple days prior and we are probab;ly showing him a good time. Any other weekends I'm down.

Clint wants to show plowboy a good time pass it on:wink:

Back