Nashville-ish Hot Chicken Sammich

I don’t really consider myself a chicken guy but I’d line up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol could've used a little more heat. Lol. Thanks Kevin!
I like to measure the heat level by how many cold adult beverages are needed to get over the heat.

2 beers = starting to sweat a little
3 beers = getting the sniffles, clearing out the sinuses
4+ beers = mouth still on fire, holy hell what the heck did I just eat and why. :razz:

Damn Sako that sandwich looks incredible. I have never had Nashville hot chicken but tons of hype about them in LA and I know a new one popped up in Noho. Time to quit the day job and open up your restaurant.

Thanks! I actually did that. Went light but dumped some batter to build up those clumps in the pic. Def thickens up the crust for more of a crunch.

Awesome.

It's such a great trick, no idea how it took me so long to discover it. Spent years trying to figure out how places make their chicken with all those crispy crumbly pieces.

Great post! I'll be trying that here soon in the future!
...even though part of my body trembled in utter terror...

-D

Looks outrageously good, Sako!

Nothing quite like kicking a plate up by 600,000 Scovilles. :-D :shock:

Tell me more about this san-luis hat sauce......mexican style, Louisiana style,........?

Hey Nate,

Def more Mexican style. IMHO its great for cooking or even as an enchalada sauce. It was recommended by a brethren so I gave it a try. It’s fairly inexpensive at a $1 and change for a huge bottle if you get it at Walmart or something but I had to order through Amazon for $7 since it’s not locally available.

Damn Sako that sandwich looks incredible. I have never had Nashville hot chicken but tons of hype about them in LA and I know a new one popped up in Noho. Time to quit the day job and open up your restaurant.

Thanks Danny! It’s nuts out here with the hot chic craze kind of like when poke took off.

No kidding bro. Leaning more and more that way everyday:biggrin1:

That sandwich looked incredible. You certainly know your way around to cut up a chicken like that. Impressive!

Hey Nate,

Def more Mexican style. IMHO its great for cooking or even as an enchalada sauce. It was recommended by a brethren so I gave it a try. It’s fairly inexpensive at a $1 and change for a huge bottle if you get it at Walmart or something but I had to order through Amazon for $7 since it’s not locally available.

Thank you, i read a couple reviews that said something like that as well. Guess im about to make an amazon order.

just wanted to say thank you sako, this stuff really is delicious. I even ordered the bottle of the HOT from amazon this morning.

Attachments

• 20190325_145917.jpg
    20190325_145917.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 29
just wanted to say thank you sako, this stuff really is delicious. I even ordered the bottle of the HOT from amazon this morning.

Awesome Nate!

Somehow I didn't pay attn and ended up with the mild.

Back