Road Trip for Shirley!

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Probably some of you already know I bought Jason's Shirley cooker, well today I'm getting ready to work my way towards his place. I was already planning on going to Paducah Kentucky with a friend so when I saw it was for sale decided on a itsy bitsy detour to his home.

To be honest I'm just as excited to finally meet a fellow douche canoer'. You know they just don't give out those titles lightly and I know I've certainly earned mine!

I'll update this as I go along to remind me when I'm old and frail about the trip... wait a minute I'm already old but according to my friend not so frail. :becky:

Got a new hitch to make sure it lined up with my trucks height and I'm off!!!

Last edited:
Going to be a great trip Norm! Maybe those mcrib sausages will be ready to eat by the time you get there!!

Can't wait to see what cooks you can come up with on this awesome new cooker

Epic Norm! Can’t wait to see what kind of shenanigans you and Jason get into...keep us updated!

Have a safe trip Norm. We need full play by play when you meet Jason.

I had no idea who bought it but I am very happy it went to a brethren and that brethren is you! Very cool. The weather is so perfect down here today, you just may not want to leave. You have been warned. Drive safely!

That's an awesome hitch! Congrats on getting a Shirley Norm you'll love it! ~Safe travels.

Traveling through Kentucky I see. If you have a change of heart on the way home I know a place you could drop off that beast. :mrgreen:

Someone needs to alert the authorities in Lawrenceville! This cannot be a good thing...

Congrats Norm!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrrats Norm! Looking forward to seeing your future cooks on it.

Hadn't been to Paducah in about ten years but Roof Brothers Wine & Spirits on Park Ave is a great place for bourbon and craft beers.

Congrats Norm! Man, I tried so hard to be a douche canoer but didn't quite make the cut to be part of the elite brethren. No wonder Jason sold it to you only. :becky: Safe travels brother!

Back