A Mess'O ABT'S

B

bbqjoe

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

I wonder what the worlds record is for the most ABT's made at one time.

Cored, slightly deveined, stuffed with cream cheese, crab meat and a dash of soy.

bbqjoe said:
I wonder what the worlds record is for the most ABT's made at one time.

I just made 400 ABT's 2 weekends ago for a catering job I did. That is the most I have done at one event so far. I'll say one thing, the next time I get into that deal again I'll have more than just three people putting them together. It took about three hard hours for 400 just to prepare.

River City Smokehouse said:
I just made 400 ABT's 2 weekends ago for a catering job I did. That is the most I have done at one event so far. I'll say one thing, the next time I get into that deal again I'll have more than just three people putting them together. It took about three hard hours for 400 just to prepare.
Pretty labor intensive item.
Just curious, what do you figure you got for each abt?

bbqjoe said:
what do you figure you got for each abt?

Joe, 10 tubes of nupercainal = 40 doses per tube

That is a chitload of peppers !

No record here

There is no record for how many you prepare.

The pride comes from how many you consume!
My doctor says its going to kill me, but I know I can obtain the record.
What does guiness say about that?
Yours in BBQ
Merl

At a local cook off we do around 1,800 to 2,000.

Attachments

• turds.gif
    turds.gif
    100.6 KB · Views: 308
SmokinCoyote said:
At a local cook off we do around 1,800 to 2,000.
Farkin A man, that is awesome. You Texan's do know how to do things in a big way.

Bigdog said:
Farkin A man, that is awesome. You Texan's do know how to do things in a big way.

We only do a batch like that once a year. It takes about 10 people and way too much beer about 6 hours or so to put them together.

Joe, you are right, that is a bunch o' ABT's!!! While I am not too keen on the taste of an actual japs (I dont care for the texture) I can eat a few ABT's

Holy Fark!!! That is a ton of Japs. Let's see some finished product pics!!!

Coyote, that is a collosal undertaking!
Not a job I think I would like to tackle.
Unless of course like you, I had at least ten people to help.
Good job!

I did a bunch of ABT's the other day filled with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar, chopped shrimp and a few seasonings. Ran out of japs before I ran out of filling. I had a can of crescent rolls in the fridge and did this...

stuffedrolls.jpg

Whaddya think?

Bigmista said:
I did a bunch of ABT's the other day filled with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar, chopped shrimp and a few seasonings. Ran out of japs before I ran out of filling. I had a can of crescent rolls in the fridge and did this...

stuffedrolls.jpg

Whaddya think?

They look good enough to eat!

Back