A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

Yo!!! This is Tyler. Thanks about all the things youv'e said about me, everyone, i just want you all to know I am estatic about the UDS. Thanks for helping me get it put together and showing me how to cook like a real man; brown-nosing, lol, but in all seriousness I was extremly glad that my butts turned out nice and it was all done for a good cause. I just want to say thanks, but since it's the internet, I'll type it. Thank you Clark for giving me the ride home, I know it was long and Illionois has the worst roads in all of America, but thanks. Rodger thanks for the advice and staying cool next to your 300, or some degree smoker. Chinesebob thanks for helping me woth the UDS assembly as well as Bubba, you two are not ment to stay in the same room with each other without killing each other. Jeff thanks for the long read you posted but seriously thanks for all you wrote in it and for being able, somehow, have MY MOTHER have a SECRET, those to words will never be used in a sentance again. And to all I didn't list I'm sorry first impressions don't work for me, mainly because I forgot the name, so thankyou. -Tyler :twisted:

Ty it was my pleasure. Glad you could make it. That old fart that came with you is a pretty good guy too.

That was not it..... As everyone was eatting the chili I was busy making Fatties, Abts and Moink Balls. On the tray was the insides of the Jap to core and seeds. laying on top was the long part of the green onions and Bob was hungry and ask if he could have those. Well i guess he got a mouth full of heat because he threw it down and turn and ran. I believe looking for the bottled water.

Scott I belive we will be telling those stories for a very long time. Next time borrow the training film. I think Bubba was having a hard time pitcuring it.

What would Bob have needed water for? I enjoyed the chili, but it's not even close to spicy! If you want spicy, I'll have Hal make chili for next year, which isn't a bad idea anyway. We'll call it Pretty Good He-Man Chili, and everyone has to eat a bowl of it!

I would have liked to have seen the jalapeno bit.

So anyone got Skype yet? Come on... it's free and easy.

Guys,

I'm still humbled when I reflect on last weekend. All of you guys rocked Dayton.

I'm glad everyone made it home safe.

I think that I'm still actually recovering from that weekend even though I probably got more sleep that anyone. Go figure....

Bubba, ChineseBob, Bob (BBQ Bandit) Curt, Scott, Ty,Dive Master, Roger and Mike - Y'all are awnery as ever and it's always a pleasure to see ya. We will need to get off of church property and have a few adult beverages next time... (Except for Ty, sorry buddy...) I have unopened bottles of Blantons, Woodford Reserve and Elija Craig waiting to be tast tested. I also have a cigar lounge that has not had more that one or two cigars lit in it at one time in way too long. Ya think that we can fix that situation?

You are more than welcome to bring the Woodford Reserve to Kettering in July.... there is a spot for it in my camp.

Guys,

I'm still humbled when I reflect on last weekend. All of you guys rocked Dayton.

I'm glad everyone made it home safe.

I think that I'm still actually recovering from that weekend even though I probably got more sleep that anyone. Go figure....

Bubba, ChineseBob, Bob (BBQ Bandit) Curt, Scott, Ty,Dive Master, Roger and Mike - Y'all are awnery as ever and it's always a pleasure to see ya. We will need to get off of church property and have a few adult beverages next time... (Except for Ty, sorry buddy...) I have unopened bottles of Blantons, Woodford Reserve and Elija Craig waiting to be tast tested. I also have a cigar lounge that has not had more that one or two cigars lit in it at one time in way too long. Ya think that we can fix that situation?

Woodford is one of my favorites. Very smooth and quite delicious.

I can't believe I am discussing bourbon at 6:30 in the morning

To be honest I'm more of a Canadian Whiskey man. I know that my personal favorite is Crown Royal's "Cask 16". That's like drinking warm butter... It's just lovely...

If I end up going to the Kettering thing then I may have to bring all three and we can do our own "Pepsi Challenge".

I would have never thought to read anything from Pat that said "It's just lovely"

That's just almost creepy! :)

Guys, I have not partaken in the smoothness of a fine adult beverage since my wedding day. HOWEVER... that memory was a good one. My late father-in-law provided the alixer, and I thought it was delicious (it settled this nervous boy right down!!)........ Maker's Mark was his gift to the men on my wedding day. That is where Harbormaster had his first taste (and possibly met his third love)!

That's just almost creepy! :)

That's alright Curt, If you've never had it you just can't understand.

Trust me, Cask 16 is the finest adult beverage I've ever had, and I've had a few...

I just can't convince my self that can spend $10.3.00 on a bottle of whiskey when I don't have a job...

When I do get a job, two things will happen, God willing:

1. I will do a hog roast here at the house to celebrate.
2. We will be drinking Cask 16

Meanwhile, I stick to Crown Royal and an grateful to do so.

$10.3.00 a bottle were you takin a few nips while you were typing this????????

I am in for the hog roast. Well you may twist my arm on the drink also.

Back