weedburner Questions

Smokin Turkey

is Blowin Smoke!
I am going today to HF to get a weedburner and I had already decided to get the one with the self ignition. Anyone against the HF brand made in China chit? got another suggestion? Needs to be today before I head over to the city with all the stores and lights cause I can't get anything here unless I go to the unholiest place on earth. (Walmart)

-Brian

Remember, you get what ya pay for....

With that said, i haven't had any problems with my Chinese P.O.S. :cool:

DSC02826.jpg

I've never seen a HF torch up close, so can't comment on that brand. But I can attest to the advantages of owning one with a long barrel section, like not having to bend over to actually burn weeds, or roast chilies, not having to reach into my BDS to start the coals, and being able to stand way back when starting up the Egg. Mine also has a 15' hose on it so I don't have to lug the bottle around. At work we have the quick disconnect fittings on the weed burners, these are super handy too.

DSC02373.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

I've never seen a HF torch up close, so can't comment on that brand. But I can attest to the advantages of owning one with a long barrel section, like not having to bend over to actually burn weeds, or roast chilies, not having to reach into my BDS to start the coals, and being able to stand way back when starting up the Egg. Mine also has a 15' hose on it so I don't have to lug the bottle around. At work we have the quick disconnect fittings on the weed burners, these are super handy too.

DSC02373.jpg
What brand is it? Do you know where we can find them?

What brand is it? Do you know where we can find them?

THESE folks have a huge selection of different ones. Around here, the farm & ranch stores, welding supply houses, and the propane dealers all have them. The propane dealers that sell parts have the best deals because they will make the hose any length you want.

IMG_0211.jpg

The HF model I saw last time I was there was threaded for the small bottles. It had a long wand with a long barrel and a pizo starter. The only thing I saw different about it besides that was that it didn't have a hose but the bottle threaded right to the "goose neck"

Hey not to jump in too bad here but thought this was the best place to ask the question. What am I going to find in differences between using a weed burner to burn out my uds compared to building my fire? I did a fire on my first one and went fine just big mess and took 2 hours. Any tips? sorry for jumping in.

i bought my Dad a HF (china chit) one about 2 years ago. been used since with no problems. it has a long hose and is fairly well built.

Will you be doing this work by hand or are you going to build a torch stand and set the work on your burn table?

I'm planning to set the items outside on some cement blocks to be raised from the ground and no flamables nearby, and I planned to burn the discs and get some grates and bbq's to temp to cure high temp paint or to rub with oil for curing.

ARGH! HF closes at 7 on saturday. I got there at 705 thinking I was able to shop till 8. WTF!??!? ok another night. i was too tired to see if Lowes had anything nice while I was in town.

I'm going to wake up, finish the micro reverse flow and fire it up so I can cure it's paint with it's own heat. HA!

Back