Quick at home brisket

A

aevanlloyd

Discuss

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDDZxvOqIZE"]America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated ''Brisket BBQ'' Recorded Oct 25, 2008 02 02 - YouTube[/ame]

Lot of things they do differently than the conventional wisdom around here, but I would be willing to give it a try one time pretty soon and see what I learn. It is somewhat akin to the Night Train process.

Firstly it was recorded over four years ago. Processes evolve over time. The Brethren are divided on whether to wrap or not. Those that wrap are divided whether to wrap in foil or butchers paper. Clearly the brisket in the video was steamed in the wrap. The resulting stewed flavour wouldn't suit me!!!!
John

If I did the math right on that rub they made, thats 1 part salt to 6 parts everything else. Seems pretty low on the salt for a big cut.

With a few differences it is very close to how I cook mine although I stay on the pit. 4 hrs neked at 300 wrap in Butcher paper, back on the pit at 300 until probe tender. (2-3 hrs) Rest on the counter until the It drops to 150.

Looks under cooked to me that don't look like butter ^^^that dawg will hunt, even if CAB is marketing ploy :biggrin1:

Ok Since this is up for discussion.....
:blah: Id Like to Add :blah:

I dont Slice My Briskit paper thin !!!!
I slice it thick !!!! Left overs get thin slice but Hot n Fresh off the Pit I like about 1/4" to 1/2" at least Closer to 1/2 in. slices :clap2:

Wut Say you ??

Back