Camping BBQs

Tkruse

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'll looking for small charcoal bbq to go in our trailer. I"m ooking for suggestions. I'm currently looking at either a Weber 14" smokey Joe or a Weber go anywhere 21". If anyone has any feedback on either of these 2, your input is greatly appreciated. Normally just feeding my wife and I and are 5 year old twins. Please advise. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Funny, I'm looking for one too.
The Joe is too tall for my storage area.
One complaint about the Go Anywhere is the grate is too close to the fire. I'm getting the GrillGrate that is specially made for the Go Anywhere and that should alleviate the flaming, heat issue.

For areas that don't allow charcoal, I bought the Coleman Fold N Go two burner gas stove.

I have a Weber 18" silver that I break down and stow in the storage bay. Also have an Acorn Jr that goes in the camper till we hit the campsite.

I use and prefer the Acorn over the Weber.

Guess the only Weber I have left is a WGA-Gas. Nice little table top cooker. Weber’s will last decades and parts are easily available. I’m liking my new portable table top for a couple of reasons. Hinged lid beats holding a lid or searching for a place to put it down. The lid locks. Slide out grate. Slide out coal tray. Can carry and relocate using locked lid and handles.

Does it cook better than Weber? Doubt it. Will it last longer than Weber? Weber is pretty tough to beat with their porcelain finish but who know.

Get both.

Last edited:
In the past, I have dealt with the rectangular one. They work good. If I can make another suggestion, finding a small barrel cooker, that may still fit in the camper, would let you have easier versatility. My statement will be overridden by recent pictures of all of the ways people can cook on these other two. But if you have the time and desire, you can slow cook food on the barrels. I built my 55gal UDS to camp or travel and cook, but I wish now it was a smaller 30 gal, to transport better. An 18 or smaller barrel OR Weber Smokey Mountain, ought to fit in the camper?

I Like my American Badass Grills - were an American made version of these China made ones - but American Badass Grills are not available anymore but these China made ones are
I’ve done 2 beer can chickens in one.........

5e964508facf038fd7269ad8a253e2cf.jpg

018e74b8ecb7ae5c7c4c7c5bae8e132b.jpg

e22e332f5f9ef329763a466ec392151f.jpg

https://kegaque.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a Smokey Joe. It was too small and couldn't get a decent fire in it. Sold it at a garage sale. Use to break down my 22" OTS and put that in the trailer for camping. Sold the trailer.

Bought a Jumbo Joe few years ago. It's become my favorite cooking rig at home or on the road.

I had a WGA-propane and loved it. I couldn't tell you how many football games I took it to. Sadly some POS stole it out of my truck. That was almost 20yrs ago and it still irks me.

I have the WGA charcoal & gas so depending on fire restrictions I cand take one or the other. Also bring along the the small Blackstone griddle for breakfast.

I always take my Weber 1200 camping. I love it. It is also the most seen bbq in campgrounds.

I have the Jumbo Joe and a WGA, the Joe get's used most times. If I'm home by myself I'll use the WGA.

I'm used to cooking on kettles, my most used is a 26.75 Weber.

of the 2 mentioned by the OP I would go WGA, I like our Akorn jr also

I have a Jumbo Joe that I wasn’t a fan of until I got the Slow N Sear for it, now I’m liking it a bunch. I’ve been cooking on it a lot at home lately & for five of us it barely fits all the meat I want to cook but if I’m strategic enough I can make it happen.

I lust over a PK Grill but once I did the math & literally measured out the grill surface I realized that it would only fit two more hamburgers on it vs the Jumbo Joe, I then decided to keep the extra $260 & stick with the Jumbo Joe.

I always take my Weber 1200 camping. I love it. It is also the most seen bbq in campgrounds.
I'm a charcoal guy but bought a 1200 for my daughter...she lives in an apartment that only allows gas grills. She's pretty happy with it.

Back