bbq it one day, eat it the next?

M

Marck

How do you re-heat your brisket leftovers? Am I cheating?

It's somewhat routine for me to bbq a brisket on a Saturday, to be served on Sunday - just a timing issue what with church and various family things to consider. When the brisket is completely cooked on the Weber, I let it cool, then wrap it up and put it in the 'fridge. The next day I slice it up and put it in the crockpot with some beef broth - not a ton of beef broth mind you, just an inch or two at the bottom before putting the meat in, then put it on high a couple hours before dinner time. I gotta say it is unbeatable that way in terms of moist and tender bbq, packed with flavor. It doesn't kill the bark either, just makes it taste richer. I sorta feel like I'm cheating though - it's almost a guilty pleasure. I think my brisket is really good when served the usual way, just after being finished in the smoker and resting a bit, but this next day in the crockpot business, well, it's just better.

So, does it sound like a cheat? How do you re-heat brisket?

I slice ours after cooking, and bag it up in Vaccu-sealed bags. Warm it up in a pot of hot water, in the wrap still. Open and enjoy. Or, if it's just a few slices, I warm them about 45 seconds in a microwave

I know people have differing opinions but to me bbq such as pulled pork, ribs and brisket are better the day after. Might be a mental thing for me but it just tastes better the next day.

In the crock pot, or oven, the process is pretty much the same. I don't slice mine first though. I leave it as a whole piece (either a whole brisket or 2 or 3 sections to use as needed) and reheat just what I need. Definately do the broth and re-add the slices to the broth for serving.

:confused: I didn't know one could "cheat" in cooking... It seems to me, if it's good, it's good. How it got good, doesn't really matter. Unless you're in a competition, of course.

If I'm doing a lot I ceep it whole, foil it, and into a low oven till it's warmed through.
If it's my lunch I toss it in the nuker for about 2 minutes at 50-60% power.

I slice ours after cooking, and bag it up in Vaccu-sealed bags. Warm it up in a pot of hot water, in the wrap still. Open and enjoy. Or, if it's just a few slices, I warm them about 45 seconds in a microwave

X2 thats what I do also, Makes reheating and cleanup a breeze.

Okay, I feel better. Thanks! Really like the Vaccu seal bags and reheating in a pot of water idea!

Steam it. Seriously fill a veggie steamer up with pork or brisket and keep it over the fire until warm. No fear of it drying out and works really fast.

Back