THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

Marck

How do you re-heat your brisket leftovers? Am I cheating?

It's somewhat routine for me to bbq a brisket on a Saturday, to be served on Sunday - just a timing issue what with church and various family things to consider. When the brisket is completely cooked on the Weber, I let it cool, then wrap it up and put it in the 'fridge. The next day I slice it up and put it in the crockpot with some beef broth - not a ton of beef broth mind you, just an inch or two at the bottom before putting the meat in, then put it on high a couple hours before dinner time. I gotta say it is unbeatable that way in terms of moist and tender bbq, packed with flavor. It doesn't kill the bark either, just makes it taste richer. I sorta feel like I'm cheating though - it's almost a guilty pleasure. I think my brisket is really good when served the usual way, just after being finished in the smoker and resting a bit, but this next day in the crockpot business, well, it's just better.

So, does it sound like a cheat? How do you re-heat brisket?

I slice ours after cooking, and bag it up in Vaccu-sealed bags. Warm it up in a pot of hot water, in the wrap still. Open and enjoy. Or, if it's just a few slices, I warm them about 45 seconds in a microwave

I know people have differing opinions but to me bbq such as pulled pork, ribs and brisket are better the day after. Might be a mental thing for me but it just tastes better the next day.

In the crock pot, or oven, the process is pretty much the same. I don't slice mine first though. I leave it as a whole piece (either a whole brisket or 2 or 3 sections to use as needed) and reheat just what I need. Definately do the broth and re-add the slices to the broth for serving.

:confused: I didn't know one could "cheat" in cooking... It seems to me, if it's good, it's good. How it got good, doesn't really matter. Unless you're in a competition, of course.

If I'm doing a lot I ceep it whole, foil it, and into a low oven till it's warmed through.
If it's my lunch I toss it in the nuker for about 2 minutes at 50-60% power.

I slice ours after cooking, and bag it up in Vaccu-sealed bags. Warm it up in a pot of hot water, in the wrap still. Open and enjoy. Or, if it's just a few slices, I warm them about 45 seconds in a microwave

X2 thats what I do also, Makes reheating and cleanup a breeze.

Okay, I feel better. Thanks! Really like the Vaccu seal bags and reheating in a pot of water idea!

Steam it. Seriously fill a veggie steamer up with pork or brisket and keep it over the fire until warm. No fear of it drying out and works really fast.

Back