New Red Weber Kettle Limited

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So yesterday I got a new Red Limited Edition kettle from Weber.

I've wanted one of these ever since I saw Alton Brown's on Good Eats. I heard rumors about this (probably from here) back in January or February and almost pre-ordered it then, but I didn't want to pay shipping from a retailer in CA. When I saw it go on pre-order in Amazon in September, I immediately pre-ordered.

The only reason I say this is the irony being I ended up finding it at my local Lowe's first and bought it there (I forgot to clarify that in this clip.)

At the end of the day, it's just a red kettle with a handful of useful upgrades but the price is fair and I would have been willing to pay quite unfair prices so it works for me.

This is a very quick and dirty initial review if you guys are interested in seeing it. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdAS2xX-Mc

Last edited:
Is that real? Like was it made by Weber or is it something somebody did on their own? So cool.

I was at the Weber Restaurant in Chicago a few weeks ago and they had one just like this. Don't think they are for sale but very cool.

I'm waiting for a minion WSM to come out :laugh:

Is that real? Like was it made by Weber or is it something somebody did on their own? So cool.

I thought that I remembered someone posting about the Stars and Stripes Weber Kettle. Couldn't find it here, so I went to Google.
From
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66589&sid=106b80b7f79ea53b27d570c44621b4a9

"FWIW, I got this reply from Weber today:

"Thank you for your email. The "stars and stripes" kettle was painted and is not for actual use. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you for choosing Weber."

If someone really wanted one, there are those white Master touch kettles they sell up in Canada, plus red and blue brake caliper paint...

I would love a stars n stripes kettle! I'm holding out for an R2-D2 WSM though!

Yeah, it's amazing the difference a few inches make.

It was actually one of the selling points when I went shopping for a ceramic kamado years ago.

The Big Joe sits up nice and high.

I'm 6'4" and appreciate the working height of it.

A taller Weber kettle is a better Weber kettle as far as I'm concerned. :thumb:

I wouldn't mind having one of these new red ones but I have a red 1995 Performer plus I sold three red kettles over the last few years including an older Mastertouch. I still have a black MT NIB that I bought at Walmart last year on clearance for $99. I don't need to buy anything else. LOL.

I'm liking the green version!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 225
Back