Coming Soon Limited-Edition 70th Anniversary Kettle Collection

"Made in the USA- with globally sourced components"

At least they did not go "Full China" on this one.

I guess that is something.

I wonder what "made" means.

Did they buy steel in China and form the lid in the USA or

Did they buy the lid in China and add the handle in the USA?

In my book, the former is "made" while the latter is just "assembled".

Ok... so now that we have been called in, we're here and will post the only warning before issueing a ban or timeout. Drop the bullchit. Dont like the colored webers, move on, dont read the thread and more importantly dont be an ass about things. If it continues, someone report it and we will respond.

In other words, be civil, no personal attacks and if you have nothing productive to say, say nothing.

monty-python-bicker.gif

How much would YOU say it's worth? I might be interested.

I have no idea. I think I paid $399 plus shipping a few years ago when it was released. It’s a big box but not unmanageable…

PM if you want to make on offer. I’m not a profiteer but would like a little return on my investment…

Looks like they did a nice job with it. This is one I think I can successfully pass on (I think). I still have a 22” OTG and gen blue 26” in boxes in the garage.

I do like the retro theme and idea. I am a fan of the Yellow, but definitely will have to pass for the price tag. May would reconsider if my father or grandfather would have grilled on one of these. I can definitely understand some of the nostalgia and sentimental value to those individuals.

My personal opinion but these are more decorative pieces. Like if you have a cool man cave garage and hot rods or classics. They will suit more as ornaments than actual workhorses. :-D

d5738f4288f4da254ce1203f50d417c2.jpg

Back