BGE Nest Handler

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the Eggwegofest Eggfest last fall they had the new Nest Handler for a large BGE that has a handle on the hinge side that made it easier to move.

This picture is from the Fred's Music and BBQ web site...

BGENL1-2.jpg

Does anyone have one? If you do, how does it work? Does it make the Egg easier to move and do you feel safe moving it?

Looks like a good idea. I have to move mine out of the garage every time I use it.

I plan on getting one. I might even upgrade my nest. I think the widder one pictured above might be more stable than the older nests.

I wheeled an egg around the showroom, and it seems to work well. I wheel mine around on unstable ground at comps and think the Handler might be a little safer.

Damn, those green eggs look cool.....so many grills, so little time. (oh yea, and money)

Looks pretty cool...:cool: Now...if they can only design one like a hand truck I'd be all over it! :biggrin:

At the Eggwegofest Eggfest last fall they had the new Nest Handler for a large BGE that has a handle on the hinge side that made it easier to move.

This picture is from the Fred's Music and BBQ web site...

BGENL1-2.jpg

Does anyone have one? If you do, how does it work? Does it make the Egg easier to move and do you feel safe moving it?

Hey Ron,I don't have one,but I have used them.They work great.We pulled all of the BGEs in the pic across a wet grassy field at Eggtoberfest last year.No problems at all.I would get one,but only one of my eggs is in a nest,and I don't move that one very often(XL=205lbs):biggrin:

DSC_0077.jpg

They also had this neat set-up:eusa_clap

DSC_0028.jpg

I have them on my Competition XLs. They are like night and day when it comes to moving the EGGs around. I can grab the handle with one hand and move it anywhere. It makes the EGG so much more stable too. One of the best things to come out in a while for the EGG in my opinion.

They do make moving the Egg much easier, if that is what you need to do on a regular basis. My Large Egg sits in one place on the old style nest. I'm afraid one of those would make it too easy to steal.
BTW, in Sparky's pic, I cooked on the second to last Egg. And Sparky, thanks for dragging it in place and lighting it for me mang.

Hey Ron,I don't have one,but I have used them.They work great.We pulled all of the BGEs in the pic across a wet grassy field at Eggtoberfest last year.No problems at all.I would get one,but only one of my eggs is in a nest,and I don't move that one very often(XL=205lbs):biggrin:

I was able to tilt it back on 2 wheels and pull it around fairly easy.

I have them on my Competition XLs. They are like night and day when it comes to moving the EGGs around. I can grab the handle with one hand and move it anywhere. It makes the EGG so much more stable too. One of the best things to come out in a while for the EGG in my opinion.

Thanks, guys! Were you using the older nest with the 3" wheels or the new nest with the 4" wheels? Do you think it would make a difference?

Squeeze, do you move your Eggs in and out of a trailer? If so, how hard is it going up and down the ramp and over the little gap at the base of the ramp? (if you have a ramp)

do you move your Eggs in and out of a trailer? If so, how hard is it going up and down the ramp and over the little gap at the base of the ramp? (if you have a ramp)

I put a small piece of plywood and we roll them right over. 2 people makes it a piece of cake. But I have done it by myself before/after comps. I'll try to get a pic. I'm having a "bridge" made to put on. My Egg dealer has one. Think of a piano hinge almost the width of the door. Attach to trailer floor and then there is about 8 inches of metal on the other side that creates a bridge over the gap. It makes it alot easier when I'm loading/unloading alone.

Ty

Thanks, guys! Were you using the older nest with the 3" wheels or the new nest with the 4" wheels? Do you think it would make a difference?

Squeeze, do you move your Eggs in and out of a trailer? If so, how hard is it going up and down the ramp and over the little gap at the base of the ramp? (if you have a ramp)

It is not that hard. This will be our thrid year moving them in and out off the back ramp. I have two different types of nests, the old regular (recently upgraded to the new one with the handler) and the Bobby-Q Special All Terrain EGG with 10" Pneumatic Tires. The one with the big tires is real easy in and out, I have even done it myself many times. The old one, the trick was over the little gap and then off the ramp area. I did it twice by myself so it can be done, I would not recommend that however. With two people, it is no problem.

-Kevin

I am pretty sure the handle doesn't fit on the old Large nest.

I am pretty sure the handle doesn't fit on the old Large nest.

They have a version for both. You must specify older or new nest if you order one. But they do have one that works on the older nest.

Neat, I didn't know about these. Although I think I'll still try and build a table for mine, to give me more space. Although that will certainly keep me from moving it the distances that I could with just the nest, making it impossible to fit in my vehicle.

Well that's just pretty neato. Moving my egg around on the aggregate patio is a PITA and this would really help out.

But I got a BGE table for Christmas and won't need the nest as soon as it warms up enough for me to finish it off with sparathane. :wink:

I wish the nest had braces around the side. It is not uncommon for my egg to end up with one of the braces in front of the bottom vent because they do not hold their position real well. When I first put it in the nest too, I was very concerned that I would tip it over while moving it. It is very top heavy in the nest.

Back