mchar69

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I steamed the sprouts whole to get started after trimming,
then threw alot of butter and 4 slices of cooked chopped bacon

in a skillet and rolled the Brussel Sprouts
around in that got them nice and brown

and my Danish guests went at them
like wild hogs in your garden. I have not seen this before.
Animal eating. Then they asked what was with the brussels, they never even thought bacon was the answer to every question.

These folks are 79 an 80 years old and have eaten the EXACT SAME MEAL their ENTIRE LIVES. Every day it's the same thing, they have no

idea of exploring foods! Maybe now I have pushed them a bit.

But no, they will go back to their boring, same old food.
Wait. the Danish food is delicious, but - NO pasta? NO PIZZA? No rice.
Come on.

So what was the EXACT SAME meal they have eaten forever then?

Must be good?:noidea:

Add fried potatoe to that and my inlaws would make hogs of themselves as well
Me, I love it

Sounds delicious...

I've pan roasted them with bacon, but your method sounds much simpler to prepare.

I like mine skewered, wrapped in bacon and grilled with a bourbon and brown sugar glaze. Mmmmmmm Good!

This gives me an idea. First smoke up a slab of pork belly. Cube it. Skewer the belly cubes (lightly sauced or not) alternately with olive-oil and Q-Salt rubbed Brussels Sprouts. Do whatever you do with skewers (hang grill, whatever).

Should be tasty.

Sweet... I probably roast Brussel Sprouts and bacon at least once a week. Usually throw a couple of bags of frozen baby sprouts into a pan, drizzle with EVOO sprinkle w/SPOG and roll around until coated, into a 425 oven with the convection fan on after about 25 minutes pull out and toss then drape bacon over the top back into oven until bacon is crisp 20 to 25 min depending how think the bacon is. If I got the smoker going I will put the sprouts with the bacon on the top shelf and after about an hour to hour and a half they are ready.

I like doing that (havent tried butter too) in a pan in the oven or on the grill in foil. I add chopped onion also. That is a fabulous way to eat Brussels sprouts! :thumb:

Giving 80 yr old's bacon? You're like a modern day Kevorkian.

Hmmm......at 80 years, who cares about eating a fish heads and rice rice diet for longevity? Any damage has probably already been done. You may as well enjoy the years left.

Hmmm......at 80 years, who cares about eating a fish heads and rice rice diet for longevity? Any damage has probably already been done. You may as well enjoy the years left.

It was a bad joke. Joking aside, there is an old man in his 90's goes to a diner near me every day, orders 2 eggs, buttered toast, home fries and bacon. And he smokes 2 packs of pal mall unfiltered a day. Go figure.

^^^ Yup my mom 93 years young, has crispy bacon every morning with her buttered toast and eggs, pancake or waffle with butter of course. Thankfully the only prescription med she is on is a thyroid pill she has been on well before I came around.

it was a bad joke. Joking aside, there is an old man in his 90's goes to a diner near me every day, orders 2 eggs, buttered toast, home fries and bacon. And he smokes 2 packs of pal mall unfiltered a day. Go figure.

ok! :-d

Back