My first UDS Charcoal Basket

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
My first UDS Charcoal Basket! I am so proud it worked like a champ first time out. Might open it up a little more for more charcoal to get longer burn time. I got a little over 12 hours cooking 8 butts.

100_2167.jpg

100_2168.jpg

So here are the pictures so I made it! :biggrin::biggrin:

Cut that baby a least half way down or roll it the other way so it's wider and lower.

I didnt fill it all the way

Cut that baby a least half way down or roll it the other way so it's wider and lower.

But I will expand it out to be larger. There is some overlay at the seem so I could make it larger.

You could it in half and then you would have a basket for the next UDS you build too.:cool:

My 1st basket looked just like yours (tall & narrow). I worked ok, but I let it out to make it wider so the coals wouldn't be so close to the meat. I like having it tall though, it's just the right hight to rest my diffuser on top of it.

Nice job!

I went tall with my first one. Cut a 2'x2' piece of expanded stainless in half and rolled it. My next one I'm cutting into 8" strips and going around the outside of of the grate.

It is still in use at the farm when I am there i always cook a chitload while working and yes I can get almost 24 hours outta a burn. :heh:

Off topic...love the avatar...it reminds me of Mick Hart...LOL sure he's injected a butt or two also:becky:

On Topic...Good Advice abot the FR.

Back