jerked loin cubes of pork kabobs and beer bread !

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

neera's jamaican jerk spice grilling paste with extra virgin olive oil pork kabobs!

9jun07-092.jpg

9jun07-108.jpg

a baby abt!
9jun07-004.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

beautiful pictures, I am sure it tastes as good as it looks.

Nice Rack!! And pics! OK Rick clue me in on the cooking process? I gots my Eggs on today!

Brian

Nice Rack!! And pics! OK Rick clue me in on the cooking process?

ya mon! holy carp this was good!

i marinated the pork chunks for about 4 hours with the jerk slather,
then built the kabobs with baby portabellos, vidalia onion, red & green pepper with some dizzy pig red eye express and dizzy dust & extra virgin olive oil.

9jun07-068.jpg

then about 280-300 direct for an hour turning the kabobs and rotating top to bottom half way through.

9jun07-082.jpg

:biggrin:
will be doing this again !

Last edited:
Rick, I'm always amazed at not only the quality of your pictures, but the quality of your grub. :cool: I really need to step up my Egg skills.

Looks great! Is the Neera's sold as a paste? i have some great jerk seasoning that I bought on St. John but it is a powder. I could probably make a paste by mixing in some olive oil.

OK, fess up. How in the hell do you get the pork and veggies all done on the same skewer at the same time? I cook 'em on seperate skewers and let the diners sort it all out. :mrgreen:

Great looking victuals there.

Looks great! Is the Neera's sold as a paste? i have some great jerk seasoning that I bought on St. John but it is a powder. I could probably make a paste by mixing in some olive oil.
yes sir, a paste. this was the first time i've tried the neera's... its got some nice heat from the habaneros, but not too much. i added about two tablespoons of olive oil to about a tablespoon and a half of the paste and marinated in a food saver bag.

you can find the neera's here:
http://www.cinnabarfoods.com/

OK, fess up. How in the hell do you get the pork and veggies all done on the same skewer at the same time? I cook 'em on seperate skewers and let the diners sort it all out. :mrgreen:

I'm wondering the same thing. Usually my veggies a burnt:oops:

OK, fess up. How in the hell do you get the pork and veggies all done on the same skewer at the same time? I cook 'em on separate skewers and let the diners sort it all out. :mrgreen:

it's the magic of the egg and the ceramic mass radiating heat from all directions... that and the 280-300 degree dome temp and the rack. i threw in a handful of apple chips for some smokey goodness.

i was going to make individual item skewers, but that wouldn't have been so photogenic.

it's the first time i've done this cook, so maybe i just got lucky? :biggrin:

i made a little pig candy before the beer bread...

9jun07-020.jpg

9jun07-024.jpg

OMG, As always your food just looks mouth-watering delicious and the pics are always expert professional style!!!! You do great!!!!

Inspired by Ricks Jerked Pork Kabobs i present Ron's Jerked Chicken Kabobs!

IMGP0539.jpg

I took the jerk seasoning that I bought from St. John Spice and made a paste with some olive oil and rubbed it on the chicken and let it sit for an hour. Then is skwwered the chicken with some red and green bell peppers, Vidalia onions, mushrooms and pineapple. I rubbed the skewers with some olive oil and sprinkled with some additional seasoning and then grilled ten on the gasser on low heat. I also par cooked some fingerling potatoes and then totally forgot to pu them on the skewers! i skewered them separately and cooked them by themselves. We served it all over a grilled pita and topped with some salsa with chopped mango added.

Inspired by Ricks Jerked Pork Kabobs i present Ron's Jerked Chicken Kabobs!
I took the jerk seasoning that I bought from St. John Spice and made a paste with some olive oil and rubbed it on the chicken and let it sit for an hour. Then is skwwered the chicken with some red and green bell peppers, Vidalia onions, mushrooms and pineapple. I rubbed the skewers with some olive oil and sprinkled with some additional seasoning and then grilled ten on the gasser on low heat. I also par cooked some fingerling potatoes and then totally forgot to pu them on the skewers! i skewered them separately and cooked them by themselves. We served it all over a grilled pita and topped with some salsa with chopped mango added.

nice! how hot was that dry rub?

It was fairly mild. I didn't want to burn my wife's lips off so i kept it somewhat light and just added more to my plate before i ate.

Back