Contest Announcment Irving Elks Lodge BBQ Cook-off

I don't thinkk I will ever laugh as hard as I did when Jeff was throwing jello shots in the air and they were hitting him in the face and rolling to the floor. He just picked it up and kept trying until he was successful. :mrgreen:

We had some jello shots for the guys that didn't get to make it. Quickly tried to wash the taste out of my mouth with some bourbon.

Drank way too much and didn't get around to seeing 75% of the 77 teams.

We finished 11th in brisket and 3rd in beans.

What a packed comp! 79 teams in all.

My team took 4th in chicken ($100 sweet!) and we made final table in ribs. We weren't real happy with our brisket, and it didn't make final table. Disappointing but no surprise.

Still, it was a fun comp that I'll do again. Next on the list is Ft Worth Cops for Kids.

We had some jello shots for the guys that didn't get to make it. Quickly tried to wash the taste out of my mouth with some bourbon.

Drank way too much and didn't get around to seeing 75% of the 77 teams.

We finished 11th in brisket and 3rd in beans.

There's your trouble. You are supposed to buy a tray of jello shots.

There's your trouble. You are supposed to buy a tray of jello shots.

Tasted like cough medicine.

Re resorted to Canadian whiskey and Keller Steeler made some Apple Pie with Everclear. I'm making a batch this weekend. Same school teacher selling jello shots Friday night...

I think there was more than jello in them things. They did go down easy though and I didn't taste the medicine.

44D is all I can say......not a bra size either! :shock:

Back