You're All Invited to The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on 3-16-2019

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................surely you jest! I've never found Dallas traffic LIGHT in any way shape or form! However this is coming from an okie lol!
I'm thinking your definition of "LIGHT" may differ from mine. :mrgreen:

Hopefully DFW traffic will be light for a Friday with Spring break in session! :mrgreen:

Traffic may not be as bad or it may be even worse since I am guessing he will be going up 35W (towards F/W and through to Denton) and not 35E through Dallas.

I-35 in the Temple area was a parking lot today. Looks like accidents north of temple. Hopefully Terry got thru before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I-35 in the Temple area was a parking lot today. Looks like accidents north of temple. Hopefully Terry got thru before.

Will you be there by 6:00 am in the morning?
Asking for a friend... :mrgreen:

Alright, I've finished the prepwork for today. Two slabs of spare ribs cut down to St. Louis, rub applied, and vac-packed (we'll see how applying the rub the day before and vac-packing them turns out, y'all get to be guinea pigs). Chorizo and onions cooked up for the chorizo beans, spices mixed in, and bagged. Potato salad made and bagged. And, just to be festive for the holiday, I made a scotch egg fatty, with three boiled eggs wrapped in a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage. Also got a loaf of Texas Toast, some Julios chips and Julios salsa. Also have a box of plasticware and a pack of Hefty foam divided trays.

So, tomorrow morning we just have to load up the car with everything and go. We should be there at 10.

Alright, I've finished the prepwork for today. Two slabs of spare ribs cut down to St. Louis, rub applied, and vac-packed (we'll see how applying the rub the day before and vac-packing them turns out, y'all get to be guinea pigs). Chorizo and onions cooked up for the chorizo beans, spices mixed in, and bagged. Potato salad made and bagged. And, just to be festive for the holiday, I made a scotch egg fatty, with three boiled eggs wrapped in a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage. Also got a loaf of Texas Toast, some Julios chips and Julios salsa. Also have a box of plasticware and a pack of Hefty foam divided trays.

So, tomorrow morning we just have to load up the car with everything and go. We should be there at 10.
aced6895b0723425c78cb33d43730f5f.gif

Lol says the man from Duncan which has one traffic light that’s only turned on once a year during the Fall Classic! But the when us crazy pig people get to town it can be crazy.

Wish we were headed to the bash. Y’all have a grand time as usual!

Nah, you got Duncan confused with our tiny neighbor to the south, Comanche. We got plenty of red lights! But your right about it getting crazy aroind here during the fall classic! We had to bring in more hotels to make sùre we had enough beds to keep it here. They have threatened moving it for a while.

I'm thinking your definition of "LIGHT" may differ from mine. :mrgreen:

Your probably right! I have made my fair share of trips through the Dallas area in the last 6 months though! My MIL just had a double lung transplant and has been at Baylor University Hospital. We have made multiple trips down for the surgery and visitation!

We made it here, but we had several detours and delays. Got in in time to check in, unload some stuff, move the rest inside the truck, decide we need to run to Walmart, reshuffle stuff, go to Walmart, grab some dinner on the way back, reshuffle, eat, and relax a bit.

The Four Horseman lodge is no Taj Mahal, but it meets our needs, and allows the four legged family members for a fee. Have the alarm set for 8:30 am. As soon as we are ready, we’ll head that way.

About to leave the house. Be there by 10:00. Have some jalapeño/cheese sausage that will need some cooker space to heat up. This is off a hog we had processed.

We got a later start than I wanted, loading up now. If we get on the road soon we should be able to make it a little after noon (2 1/2hr drive).

Back