Brauma's Egg Table

I knew you would be happy with that.

As soon as you're ready to sell the MOAB, call me. :wink:

Actually, I've got an old riding lawnmower that I use for parts. I'm thinking about pulling the front end and installing under the Egg Table backwards. That way I can pull it while steering - like you say. The first problem I foresee is that it would mount in the center and pivot. The table would rock on that side. No good. I'm still planning it out. As you can tell, I dont move too fast.

I see your dilema,
You would have to install some type of suspension, like a coilover style shock with probably a 75 lb rated spring. I am unsure how you would hide it because the sprung width is only as wide as a coil over is mounted on top. Also remember if you install that axle backwards you are gonna have a ton of negative caster and it won't want to pull straight worth a darn. Let me see if I can find the axle you need on a racing message board. Midget madness.com here I come.

Swivel wheel mod

I put the Egg Table in the shop for a change of tires.

Eggtableswivelmod001Medium.jpg

Lefty needed to be removed so I found him a temporary mobile home.

Eggtableswivelmod002Medium.jpg

Before the operation:

Eggtableswivelmod003Medium.jpg

After:

Eggtableswivelmod004Medium.jpg

I made this crossmember to support the new swivels. You can see where I recessed for the lag bolt heads.

Eggtableswivelmod005Medium.jpg

Bummer! I thought I took a pic of where I routed out 3/4" for the 4x4 legs to fit in. Oh well, here's with the crossmember installed. I have one lag bolt up the center and its glued. I hope it's strong enough!!

Eggtableswivelmod006Medium.jpg

I used these new "Contractors Lag bolts". Never seen em before so I hope theyre strong enough

Eggtableswivelmod007Medium.jpg

Eggtableswivelmod008Medium.jpg

New wheels!

Eggtableswivelmod009Medium.jpg

Time for a beer

Eggtableswivelmod010Medium.jpg

Nice job, Mark. Thats going to ready help moving that beauty in place. Well worth the planning and work. Lookin forward to cookin on that thang next week!

Very nice rig! Any chance you would have plans drawn up that you could share as well as a bill of materials? And lastly, ABOUT how much would you estimate that you have invested?
Thanks!

Very nice rig! Any chance you would have plans drawn up that you could share as well as a bill of materials? And lastly, ABOUT how much would you estimate that you have invested?
Thanks!

Thanks. I started with this set of plans as my model.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=819e6f6b84746da01aacd03109616976

But I knew that I wanted to stretch it to accommodate my Small Egg so I just started winging it from there.

I already had a lot of the materials laying around from other projects: the tile, 2x4's, 4x4's. I bought the whiskey rails (lower shelf) new. I wanted to get all my BBQ friends to sign the table and then shellac it to seal them in so this is the only reason I went with the plain pine boards for the top. I bought the tires and threaded rods too.

From there I've just added to it as I saw fit. Sorry, I have no idea what I've got in it. I dont think it's too much but I would probably be surprised if I saw the number. My wife thinks it's < $50, so let's keep it that way. :wink:

The last thing I want to do is build a removable shelf to hold the foil and plastic wrap boxes. I want to mount it on the back of the table right behind the tile.

Thanks

I will stick with the same estimate for my wife! Could you possibly get me the following measurements:
Overall width
Distance from table left edge to left edge of small BGE opening
Diameter of small BGE opening

THANKS!

Thanks for sharing Mark. Did you put slime in the new casters?

Yessir! They are at least half full of Slime. The old tires were too. Love that stuff. I have it in my lawnmower tires too. Nothing I hate worse than a flat tire.

I will stick with the same estimate for my wife! Could you possibly get me the following measurements:
Overall width
Distance from table left edge to left edge of small BGE opening
Diameter of small BGE opening

THANKS!

I can get you those measurements tomorrow.

Pat, I looked for a steerable set of wheels like that from Northern or Harbor Freight but didnt see any. If I couldve just bought a set ready to bolt on I wouldve gone that route.

But to be honest, the set I have on it worked really well. I'm very pleased how well they maneuvered around uneven ground. And they're strong. I thought about running some longer lags up thru it but they did just fine. :thumb:

Your cart looks great. How often do you remove the firebowls in your BGE's? I did my small this weekend and was shocked at the ash buildup behind it.

You know what would be great? Fire extinguisher mount.
Can you post a pic of lag bolt (threads)? Where did you get them?

Your cart looks great. How often do you remove the firebowls in your BGE's? I did my small this weekend and was shocked at the ash buildup behind it.
I clean out behind the firebowl about every 2 weeks. If you seem to have to open the intake more to get the same heat......it is usually build up ash behind the bowl or chunks in the grate.

Every few weeks I'll take the fireboxes out and vac em out with a shop vac.

Back