Oil-Less Turkey Fryer... Your Experiences?

i'm debating on 1 of those myself. sure is a lot cheaper in the long run. fuel plus oil etc.

I would be concern about this infared cooking monkey business. Its been determined that microwave changes the molecular composition of food. I opine that low n slow stick burnig is better for you but then again a Turducken in the fryer is awesome.

Buddy has one and his turkeys turn out great. Not quite the same as traditional deep frying but pretty close. Likes it at tailgates and using it where oil is to big a risk.

Hiya - As most know, I'm biased. So check out the thread on this topic at the Big Easy Users forums - lot's going on there with many folks who had similar questions

How to cook turkey in The Big Easy

And just for the record...Lotsa fellas over at the Bradley Smoker Forum are using The Big Easy to "crisp up the skin" after smoking.

Infrared is not microwave - a good charcoal fire produces about 30 -35% infrared - and that is good energy. Same as when you are up wind from a fire so the smoke is blowing the other way with all the hot air - but your face is getting red from the infrared energy generated by the hot coals. The Big Easy uses 100% infrared and that cooks the meat in a natural way. No microwaves involved.

Roasting is not baking.

And, if there is oil involved, say on the surface of the meat it's frying -- just not 'deep frying'

Lotsa different ways to prepare turkey - on the grill, rotisserie, smoker, slow roasted via an off set, deep fryer and now The Big Easy. (probably a couple others as well!)

I used my Big Easy last year and love it so far. Biggest thing is not buying the oil and the mess. There is no mess. Clean up is a snap. Turkey taste the same even though my last one on bottom of bird took longer to cook. Time to bust it out again.

I'm using mine for the first time today. My review will be posted tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it.

like i said before..
40 for oil,40 for propane,the turkey...
seems like a winner for the price.. i got 2 23lb birds & am doing 1 in the vertical w/ pecan & skeet stuffed w/ rum,brwn sugar,simple syrup soaked pineapple chunks.. the other is a traditional oven bird for sammie meat.

wally has a charcoal bird smoker that you stack coal in the corner holders for $50- i like to buy & rate toys.. so there ya go..:eusa_clap

d.o. braised bird ala cowboy flavor??? glad i got the 22qt d.o. -santa maria pit style...

thom's pic made me think of this( well the rum didn't hurt..):twisted:
thats a fine hat thom. 12x straw...beaver?

d.o. Braised bird ala cowboy flavor??? Glad i got the 22qt d.o. -santa maria pit style...

Thom's pic made me think of this( well the rum didn't hurt..):twisted:
Thats a fine hat thom. 12x straw...beaver?

wtf?

LOL Blues How much Rum?
12X straw....Beaver?
well i killed red stripe #3 & started the rum but i saw yer hat & was thinking 12x beaver- but then i looked again- my bad.. straw...

only on rum #2

have ya ever done a bird on a santa maria in a d.o.18" pan & foil ? i'll give ya the method if ya like...

Back