Drum Escapades

Dovid

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok, so I have the two drums in the back, each with 4x7/8" inlet holes, and I already used the weed burner on one of them until dark last night.

Today I said this is the finish of the burn. I wasn't able to burn around the bottom or the bottom itself with the drum upright, so I upended it. This was fortuitous (sp?) since it was entertaining what began to happen. I was torching around the bottom (now top) and smoke was billowing out from the 'inlet' holes; billowing and puffing. Now I see flames shooting out often. The paint on the outside is of course disappearing nicely.

Then the drum starts lifting up in short jumps; like little explosions are going off inside. So funny.

Maybe I should say that the drums once and must stilll hold some Soy Lecithin. This is flammable if taken to the right temp. I guess I got there. So the drums are doing little dances. I wish I had a digital cam.

But as I said it was good I turned them upside down. It turns out that the inside temp goes up (like an oven does) when it in enclosed, so it helped melt away the epoxy food grade lining. Not all got taken off, so I will use my wire brush some.

Then I looked at the lids and saw they had two holes already in them; one large and one small. They were for pouring/pumping. They also have some plastic surrounding them. I hesitated to torch them. Do the lids really need to be treated the same as the inside/outside of the drums?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Best Q'ing from Chicago...

Dovid

I torched Mista's when he came over. Came right off. Used scotch bright to clean. Also made rubber seal flake off.

Scotchbrite. Ahh wonderful invention. Thanks!

Back