Nervous..First photo post..Pork Shoulder Tacos

Big Poppa

is Blowin Smoke!
OK...Im a little nervous...but wanted to post a few pics of tonights dinner

The first pic is 4:50 am after tumbling with mike mills magic dust, garlic oil, santa barbara hot taco sauce, and a bud light...(OK I dont drink anymore so its all that was in the fridge...In the old days it would have been a nice Negro Modelo or Dos Equis!)
IMG_0584.jpg

Next shot is the Traeger and the pork 225 degrees
IMG_0586.jpg

And the end result...Home made Beans Rice and Tortillas, Guac, Salsa, Onion Radish, Cilantro.....Nothing store bought.
The funny thing is that I had to go to my other office for the day.....It is in San Luis Obispo and Left the desert at 9 and got back at 6:30 and the pork was done. Rested and pulled. I had a friend turn them once and spray a wash of beer, cranberry and champagne citrus vinegar a few times
IMG_0597.jpg

Thanks for viewing They were really tender and flavorful disappeared......My Kids and their friends are in town for Coachella fest and Im staying home and cooking for the masses.

Thanks Tommy...First time and I downloaded the first two pics in too small a format...Trying to be sensitive with the bandwidth .....

:rolleyes:Looks like chit! Send the rest to me ASAP and I will dispose of it in an approved method so you will not suffer any longer.:roll:

Hey Thanks alot...I've been cooking for a long time and went through all the phases from Italian, california, french...Always BBQed mostly Santa maria Style with red oak. Since I moved to the desert it is mostly with a viking that has never really worked for me. I stumbled on the Traeger and bought a Primo and now have a BDS on the way.

This has been really fun to get into. Tonight Beef Tenderoin.....

Most importantly thanks for the welcome. These forums can be pretty tough. I host and moderate one in a different industry and its nice to be a member...(guitar related)

Last edited:
Wow!!!

That looks good enough to be on the cover of one of the local mags for the Coachella Fest.

Back