Barn Burner BBQ at Lambs Farm in Libertyville, IL 10/16 & 10/17 2009!

Good luck to everyone competing. I really wanted to do this one this year but with just having surgery I am down and out for awhile. Coz if you decide to go down and spectate let me know I may tag along.

I just sent mine in Monday as I wasn't sure if I could make it due to work, but so far so good. I requested to be as far from Joe as possible.

Anyone know how many teams they have?

I got the email that I am judging.After thats done I amy take a walk around for short visis=ts knowing every one will be busy packing.

Finally got an install date that doesn't conflict with a comp (had to cancel out of two this year)!!!

Stockcar is going to be there. Now where did I put that brisket I've been aging since April???

Will have to stop by and see what a comp is like ...do you all fly Brethren Flags ?
I'll have our Brethren Banner up on the side of the trailer...

What day you thinking of coming by? Friday is far more relaxed (plus there is the peoples choice), but there is more stuff for the kiddies on Saturday.

Looks like its time to break out the thermal underwear:shock:
Anybody gonna have a fire pit? If not, a 55 gal drum and a bale of straw makes a nice substitute:twisted:

Fri
Oct 16
28.gif

Mostly Cloudy

45°
35°
10%

Sat
Oct 17
30.gif

Partly Cloudy
46°
36°
20%

Looks like its time to break out the thermal underwear:shock:
Anybody gonna have a fire pit? If not, a 55 gal drum and a bale of straw makes a nice substitute:twisted:

Of course, that forecast will change 5 or 6 times before then! :rolleyes:

We'll have our fire pit going on Friday night.

Very true Ron, lets hope it changes for the better!

I remember not being able to exit on Rockland Road from I94 south bound last year. Is that still the case??

I haven't been up that way for a while. Maybe someone who drives by there regularly can help. i looked at the Illinois Tollway site and it doesn't look like there is an exit there from southbound 294. You can get off at Buckley Road (the previous exit) and head east to 43 and then south to 176 and back west again.

A question for those who have been here before.

What is the comp site like? Claudia's email tonight says it's in the parking lot. Is it paved or gravel? I am wondering if I will be able to stake my canopies down. If it's paved then I will need to figure something else out.

Last year some teams were set up on asphalt and some were on gravel. I think the smaller sites (20 x 20) were on gravel and the motor homes were on asphalt. I would plan on an alternate method just in case.

Back