Burnt Ends

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Threw 3 points I had saved on the drum yesterday along with a 6# flat. Used hickory and tried to keep temps around 240-245* but it was real windy.

002-6.jpg

Pulled points after about 3 3/4 hours. Cubed, added more rub and back on the drum for another hour.
003-6.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

Mixed in some Arthur Bryant's Original and back on for 30 minutes. Here is the finished product. Some good chit right there :biggrin:

009-5.jpg

010-5.jpg

011-7.jpg

Flat done after 7 hours. Pulled at 195* and coolered for about 3 hours.
012-4.jpg

First time cooking just a flat...turned out really good. Nice and juicy. Too damn expensive though (2.49/lb) so I will stick with whole packers!

i guess the days of $0.99 a pound, somewhat trimmed brisket are over,

nice results there

Looks great. If it's any consolation...our grocery store has packers for $4.99/lbs....luckily Wally world aslo has packers for less than half that.

i guess the days of $0.99 a pound, somewhat trimmed brisket are over,

nice results there
Got two buds from school that are butchers, Get good breaks on meat, looking too you guys for spiritual guidance.

P.S.
Will send smoke signal!!!:-D

Question?

If you put those out on a table could they be picked up on a toothpick? Or are they to tender?

Those burnt ends look good. ! ! !

Maybe I can think of a way to squeeze in a brisket cook so I can get some burnt ends. Funny, I did a pork butt so I could make a burrito, a brisket for just the ends. I love this smoking thing.

Nice looking burnt ends there Pat. Perhaps a tutorial in CB is in order.

Back