Finally bought a mixer - Bosch

MilitantSquatter

I've been wanting a high quality mixer for a while to make pizza doughs.

After several months of procrastination, reading reviews and saving some extra $, I've decided on a Bosch Universal Plus mixer (over the Electrolux DLX and the Kitchen Aid Pro)...This coupled with 20 lbs of King Arthur flours should start me off OK.

should be fun !!

Last edited:
SCHWEET!
And it looks like there's a place for your BEER to go on the right side -- cupholder, right??:heh::becky:

Very cool. Getting tired of mixing by hand are we?:roll:

Very nice!

I've been wanting a replacement for the KA, let me know how it works out.

It does all the other stuff with other attachments like grinding, blender,slicing etc.

I bought it mainly based on it's ability to handle larger batches of dough at a time (up to 15 lb) with a high quality transmission & motor (800 hp motor), bottom drive so head is not in the way etc, quieter, 3 yr warranty.

Here's the details

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/Bosch_Universal_Plus_Mixer_MUM6N10UC.aspx

How is it 0-60 mph? Turbocharged?
nothing is quiet @ 800 HP

Is a snotstorm coming in August?

It does all the other stuff with other attachments like grinding, blender,slicing etc.

I bought it mainly based on it's ability to handle larger batches of dough at a time (up to 15 lb) with a high quality transmission & motor (800 hp motor), bottom drive so head is not in the way etc, quieter, 3 yr warranty.

Here's the details

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/Bosch_Universal_Plus_Mixer_MUM6N10UC.aspx

800 horse power! :shocked:. whats its time from 0-60?

It does look like a nice unit.

Darn MS! How many pizzas do you do at one time:clap2::-D Nice machine to play with.

Wow, that looks pretty cool. I like the dual dough hooks, I bet that does a better job and the dough won't keep riding up the hook like on a standard mixer. Let us know how you like it!

Nice mixer! I'm in the market for a mixer as well. I know the Bosch gets positive reviews among pizza makers, being able to handle loads without straining the powertrain.

Very cool. Enjoy the new toy.

By the way, I like anchovies on my pie. Just say'in, you know, in case I
ever stop by to eat. :becky:

Last edited:
very impressive. very well thought out. i've not bought a mixer cuz i just hate the head being in the way. attachments are also well thought out.

sweet lookin' mixer! Do you have the KA pizza flour? I hear caputo 00 flour is the way to go. Good luck. Some awesome pron must be on the way!

I think Vinny misspoke on the horsepower.

Here is the specs. from the link he posted.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Bosch Mixer Features[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Attractive, Stable Design[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]800 Watt Motor[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]4-Speed Transmission[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Many Stainless Components[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Pulse Switch[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Capacity up to 15 lbs.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Patented kneading design develops gluten better for lighter, fluffier, more attractive baked goods.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Still pretty impressive machine IMHO.

Back