First Fatty!!......(PRON)

tinman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It was pointed out to me that I am breaking in my new UDS and have still never cooked a fatty ever in my bbq endeavors! It sounds like I may have committed a bit of a sin by not tossing a fatty on the UDS during the first burn. I am seeking forgiveness for my transgressions and offering this fatty pron as atonement.
I did not take a shot of me stuffing it, but it is a 2lb mixture of sage and maple sausage, stuffed with a variety of cheese and peppers....then the bacon lattice of course.

Here it is prepped....
temporary_zps44506e03.jpg

Here is my oldest son giving me his approval. When he saw it, he shouted....."that's the best thing I have ever seen!"
temporary_zps7f752ac7.jpg

More pics to come after she comes off!

Nice!!! Just to let you know, you are now addicted to fatties!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Thats a great looking start!! Looking forward to the finished pics

Where's the final pictures?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using tapatalk 2

I had no idea........unbelievable! :shocked: My wife is hooked too...
I toasted some english muffins, slathered with a roasted garlic mayo I made earlier, a fried egg, and topped it with a couple really thin slices of Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar......... it was amazing!

Next time I will stuff way more peppers inside becaue they were really great in there. I am already planning the next ones.....

The PRON....

temporary_zps4da84d6d.jpg

temporary_zps07db7960.jpg

temporary_zps58c63847.jpg

You must have gotten many ribbons for basket weaving. I dont know how some of you make your fatties look so fantastic! I agree about the peppers, I put them in the sausage too. Can't go wrong with peppers and meat!!!

I was pretty shocked at the weave too, that was my first try at that. I saw Cowgirl mention she did it on plastic wrap, so that's what I did. Then I just rolled it up diagonal and used the plastic to help roll it....worked great!

That looks amazing! Can't wait to make a few of these myself! Thanks for sharing.

Can i have a plate too? That looks good and i would say you are forgiven, go forth and sin no more. :biggrin1:

Back