1 tsp marjoram
2 tsps white pepper
2 tsp salt

mixed with my venison pork mixture...and let it chill overnight

259069e7-1.jpg

63424780-1.jpg

made my brats...

a49d73a6-1.jpg

well the first one was closest to 12 inches.. the rest were iffy... :)

7823fe03-1.jpg

put a pan of chili, onions with butter and one of kraut into the drum...

60cac23a-1.jpg

then the venison beer brats on the ROL.. I smooshed them a bit to make them quit rolling around.

c14f7503-1.jpg

7456f5fd-1.jpg

they came out great!

fb9eb72c-1.jpg

I even had some foot long buns!

6047fd15-1.jpg

My venison beer brat with kraut, caramelized onions, fresh minced onions, crispy bacon and a ribbon of spicy brown mustard..

b6f74ed6-1.jpg

I was so excited about my brat that I failed to get pics of the chili cheese bacon brats my friends were eating.

They were tasty!

Thanks for looking.

NO Kidding, have you ever thought about having a show on RFD TV, I bet it would go over big. They have camp fire cooking all the time , you should try out for it.

wow! A foot long Brat! Thanks Jeanie. What do you use to make your sausages? Is that a Kitchen Aid?

As always, This looks great Jeanie... You do know that your asking for it with this crowd doing sausages... LOL This should be fun!

That mixture looks pretty lean, did you add any pork back fat? How was the texture? I love making sausage... lol

Cheers

Cheers

Thank you Michael.. love you too! :-D
Blue..thanks! It was pretty tasty. I almost ate half of it, couldn't eat the whole thing but I tried!
Jestridge, that would be fun.. wonder if they would let me fish and camp too. lol Thanks!

Gary I use an old Oster grinder. It has sausage tubes for stuffing. I've had it for a long time and it is holding up great. Thanks Gary! :wink:

lol Phrasty.. I know. Most are showing some restraint. I love brats and couldn't resist making foot long ones. It was a lot of fun.
Yep I used a pork venison mix.
Thanks Phrasty!

Wow, that looks great. Are those collagen casings? How do you like them?

how much pork and how much vensison did you use?

Looks great, i may steal your recipe

Ditto, How do you find these casings? I just got a batch and have yet to use them. I have used the "smoked" collagen casings in the past and find them a bit thick.. granted they are made to hold the weight of hanging meat. I'm hoping these thinner ones that look very similar to the ones you are using give a better "bite"

Cheers

Wow neighbor, that looks soooooo good! I figured with hunting season here, you would be up to making some tasty meals. Great time of year for cooking. Thanks Jeanie!

Jestridge, thanks, I will check it out. I mainly watch the cattle and horse auctions on RFDtv. lol I know... boring!:-D
Mark, thank you, it worked great!
Thank you DannyPat!

Yes these were collagen. They are really easy to work with. I like them okay.. they have a bit of a bite to them but I use them in my smokehouse a lot. They hold up well. Thanks!

how much pork and how much vensison did you use?

Looks great, i may steal your recipe
Thanks! I used two pounds of ground venison burger (which already had pork fat in it) and one pound of my ground pork.
I like to look at sausage recipes here...
http://web.archive.org/web/20010214020112/http:/home.att.net/~g.m.fowler/frame/Sausage1.htm
then tweek them to suit my taste. Good luck and thanks!

Ditto, How do you find these casings? I just got a batch and have yet to use them. I have used the "smoked" collagen casings in the past and find them a bit thick.. granted they are made to hold the weight of hanging meat. I'm hoping these thinner ones that look very similar to the ones you are using give a better "bite"

Cheers
Phrasty they weren't too tough. My company didn't complain. lol I did some venison summer sausage with some of the dark casings too... they were the non-edible kind though.
Thanks Phrasty!

Wow neighbor, that looks soooooo good! I figured with hunting season here, you would be up to making some tasty meals. Great time of year for cooking. Thanks Jeanie!

Thank you Neighbor! My house will be "deer camp" for a week or so starting Thursday. Should be cooking a LOT then.. I"m not going to do another underground pig though. That was too much work. :p:-D

Thank you Neighbor! My house will be "deer camp" for a week or so starting Thursday. Should be cooking a LOT then.. I"m not going to do another underground pig though. That was too much work. :p:-D

Whatcha cooking, good looking? :becky: Got any ideas about what you might cook in the ROL? Maybe some Deer Ribs? :eusa_clap

Back