THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I knew you do something creative with the ROL, I am seriously thinking of getting one. Brats looks awesome. Looking forward to your deer camp creations.:-D

Jennie, no pics at work and just know had a chanceto look over your sausages. I'm impressed with the the whole process. Thanks for taking the time to put the process together in pics. Looks amazing.

I love a good dog,but that just went to another level(as I wipe the drewl from my chin)I am also woundering about the pork-deer% if you care to share:rolleyes: looks great thanks

Thank you Paul, Max and Tom! They were pretty tasty. :)

I love a good dog,but that just went to another level(as I wipe the drewl from my chin)I am also woundering about the pork-deer% if you care to share:rolleyes: looks great thanks
Thanks Johnny! I mix two parts deer to one part pork fat.. it's just how I like it. You can mix more pork or venison in to suit your taste.

I DO fry up a pattie of sausage for a taste test before stuffing. That way you can adjust the seasonings to your taste too. Thanks again! :)

Thank god I am going hunting next week for a week now I know what a couple of those deer hams are going to be .Yum
while I am thinking ( a true rarity) your mix looks great are you doing a 50/50 or a 75/25 or leaner would love it if you shared but I undersatnd if not a man needs to keep his sausage safe and protected

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, How do you find these casings? I just got a batch and have yet to use them. I have used the "smoked" collagen casings in the past and find them a bit thick.. granted they are made to hold the weight of hanging meat. I'm hoping these thinner ones that look very similar to the ones you are using give a better "bite"

Cheers

Here is a link to the site I get my casings from and other curing supplies they are great! Good products and great customer service when needed
http://www.sausagemaker.com/meatcuring.aspx
RR:bow:

brats look great and so do Michaels ribs. you might want to try some wings.

wings32110.jpg

wings3.jpg

Back