Doin a Little Gig

tommykendall

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A couple Saturday's ago I brought 3 racks of BBs and 1# of hot links to my nieghbors for some happy hour faire. Went over real well and one of the neighbors asks if she could hire me for her hubby's #60 b-day. I offerred the services for free - she just pays for the food. There will be about 25 farkers there. So this Sunday I'm doing 9 racks of BBs, a 12# brisket, 3#'s hot links, smoked beans/bacon, and homeade mac n cheese. Think that'll cut it? Someday I'll actually have to charge for this stuff.

Good job TK

Title was a little miss leading.

I thought you were going frog gigging.

Get jiggy wit it.

Congrats on the catering gig. I hope to be in that position one day.

Sort of sounds like my gig on the 9th, I have 30+ lbs of baby back ribs, 20+ lbs of handburgers, 16 lbs of pulled pork and 2 kegs of beer :D

Going to start on Friday and hope to be done on Saturday.

What are smoked beans/bacon?
How do you make?

This sounds good.

What are smoked beans/bacon?
How do you make?

This sounds good.

Put some canned beans in a large aluminum pan, doctor them up with whatever you like, lay some bacon over the top, and place in your smoker.

tommykendall said:
A couple Saturday's ago I brought 3 racks of BBs and 1# of hot links to my nieghbors for some happy hour faire. Went over real well and one of the neighbors asks if she could hire me for her hubby's #60 b-day. I offerred the services for free - she just pays for the food. There will be about 25 farkers there. So this Sunday I'm doing 9 racks of BBs, a 12# brisket, 3#'s hot links, smoked beans/bacon, and homeade mac n cheese. Think that'll cut it? Someday I'll actually have to charge for this stuff.

Do you have a good mac n cheese recipe? I've been looking for a really good one but can't seem to find it.

RE: Re: Doin a Little Gig

Yeah, I'd be happy to try your mac & cheese recipe too.

Count me in, that is all the my kids will eat. They love the 3min microwave stuff, I my self can not stand the microwave stuff, give me a box of KRAFT anyday :D

That sounds great TK.

You gonna do some appetizers too?

You gonna do some appetizers too?

I'm leaving that job for the host of the party.

Do you have a good mac n cheese recipe? I've been looking for a really good one but can't seem to find it.

Yes I do and I believe it's really good and a perfect complement for Q. I'll post as a separate thread in Q talk and maybe someone can upload to recipes (I don't know if that section is currently working).

Nice bro!

Throw in some cornbread. Everyone loves cornbread...maybe add some honey infused butter to match.

GL

Smoked Mac n Cheese, yep I'm gonna give that a try some time!

Re: RE: Re: Doin a Little Gig

BigBelly said:
Nice bro!

Throw in some cornbread. Everyone loves cornbread...maybe add some honey infused butter to match.

GL

Honey butter, now that's some good stuff on cornbread! :lol:

Back