Christmas Eve Menu

B

bbqjoe

I put together our First Christmas Eve menu.
This will be by reservation only. $24.95 per person.

First course: Blooming onion, with dipping sauce.

Second: Fresh garden salad topped with homemade guacamole served with warm flour tortilla chips.

Third: Prime rib (with optional horseradish) baked sweet potato with whipped pecan and honey butter. Hot french rolls.

Fourth: Dessert.

Haven't decided yet on what to serve. Cheese cake or brownies are always on hand, so I need to come up with something new for dessert.
Any ideas?

How about bananas foster? Tastes great, easy to cook and has a touch of elegance.

Christmas eve by us is 7 courses of which none contain any meat

It could just be a regional thing Joe, but sweet taters just don't go over well here . You may want to offer a baked russet. Don't cost much to have them available. No waste either, make hash browns from the leftovers.

bbqjoe said:
I put together our First Christmas Eve menu.
This will be by reservation only. $24.95 per person.

First course: Blooming onion, with dipping sauce.

Second: Fresh garden salad topped with homemade guacamole served with warm flour tortilla chips.

Third: Prime rib (with optional horseradish) baked sweet potato with whipped pecan and honey butter. Hot french rolls.

Fourth: Dessert.

Haven't decided yet on what to serve. Cheese cake or brownies are always on hand, so I need to come up with something new for dessert.
Any ideas?

That all sounds great! The sweet potato sounds like a dessert all by itself! A nice pumkin pie would be good!!

Do people go out to a BBQ joint for dinner on Christmas Eve?

Usually holidays are for the fancier restaurants if we go out at all.

Wikieup, Arizona is a small community located on U.S. Highway 93 in western Arizona. It is located approximately 37 miles south of Interstate 40 at 34°70 N, and 113°61 W. The town has a population of about 305, and is situated in Mohave County.
The lowest recorded temperature was 14°F in 1990, with a high of 119° recorded in 1995. Average lows for January range from 33° to 64° F, with highs in July ranging from 68° to 105°F. Rainfall averages just 9.88 inches per year.
The community is about a two and a half hour drive from the state capital Phoenix. Its zip code is 85360, and the telephone area code is 928.

jgh - I realize it's a small town, but that would make me think people are even more likely NOT to go out for dinner on Christmas Eve. But what do I know? There's more than 300 in my son's grade level in school.

But I wouldn't go to a BBQ joint on Christmas Eve. That's an at home dinner with family, friends, a tree and some booze.

Christmas Eve is the time for the Feast of the 7 Fishes in our house.

This however does nothing to help you with the dessert question.

I like Zabaglione with berries for a dessert after a big holiday party.
I'm sure it may not be that popular in AZ.

Pecan Pie? Sweet Tater/Pecan Pie? Chit I dunno. If I ate the rest of your meal, I would be stuffed to the gills.
How bout Horseradis/Pineapple Juice pureed in a blender with a slight dash of cream?
Dessert? I guess I would google Christmas Eve Supper Dessert. Srry Joe on this one. Cranberry relish is desert to me.

Mike

what about apple crisp or baked apples? somehing simple u have lotsa food

Joe, that menu sounds great. Could you deliver to Texas? I'll be working that night and usually eat around midnight.

Guido, i had never heard of the Feast of Seven Fishes. Did a Google search & i'm now a li'l smarter.

BrooklynQ said:

I don't know if people go out for Christmas Eve dinner around here.
I do know that there are those who will drive up to Laughlin and eat at the buffets.
A nice slice of prime rib would be the fanciest thing any restaraunt around here ever offered for ANYTHING.
So we're gonna give it a whack. That's also why it's by reservation. If not enough are made to justify the whole thing, I'll just scrub it.

But in my family, all the cooking was on Christmas day for Christmas dinner.
A night out before was justifiable.

Just dipping a toe in the water.

Ya gotta remember, we are the nicest restaurant in town.

BrooklynQ said:

We traditionally go to a pizza place on the Eve. Fancier on the actual day.

How about peppermint ice cream sundaes Joe?

Joe - I'm sorry if I sounded like Scrooge. Good luck with the dinner. It sounds like some great food. And what's more important than having a good time with family and friends on Xmas eve.

Hey - Why don't you get someone to dress up as Santa for the kids - maybe a special lunch with Santa on Christmas Eve afternoon? Or early dinner. Or better yet, have it on the Saturday before Christmas Eve where you can really publicize the Xmas eve dinner. Gotta always be whoring, umm, opps, marketing I mean.

wmann_guitar.gif

Back