Book: BBQ Competition Secrets by Anderson

stlouBBQ

Anyone have this book? I saw it at Amazon, you can see it here: http://www.amazon.com/Competition-BBQ-Secrets-Instruction-Competitors/dp/1439209111/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I was looking for input before buying. I know a lot of people were not happy with his web-based book before, so I wanted to check before plunking down the $ to buy this. I know there were various complaints about that. I like buying and reading bbq books, but I like to make sure they are quality first. Any feedback is welcome.

I was actually given the book for Christmas this past year. I must say I have a lot of respect for anyone who has achieved what he has and is willing to put their thoughts in writing to be critiqued by any and all. But here goes:

The book is along the lines of a spiral notebook and is black and white. It has some good information but in reality it only scratches the surface.

It is like reading a memo versus readiing the ENTIRE internet. This site IS the internet when it comes to BBQ.

I would save the money and use the resources on this site.

Thanks, Steve. That is exactly what I was alluding to. His previous web volume actually IS spiral bound and you described it perfectly. Apparently this volume is the same thing but with a pretty cover. That is what I suspected and I will pass on this one. Thanks for the input!

Back