The Other White Meat

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Got 2 beautiful 7-8 lb bone in boston butts. Did the injection and rub this afternoon. Went to a party at a friend whom I had not seen for several yeaars Got home at 10P and fired up the egg. Will soon take them out of the fridge and put them on the egg. Will let them sit for about 30 to 40 minutes before that. Have the egg going at 225. Will put them on around 12:15. Blue smoke. This is the first time I will put something on the egg and then try to get about 6 hiurs sleep. Unfortuneately no Pics

Nothin like a late night drunk forum post. Its funny though, nearly every time i wake up at the ass crack of dawn to get some q on the smoker just happens to be when im hungover

They went on aroung 12:15. Temp in the egg dropped to 106- there was so much meat I had a hard time arranging it so the lid would shut. Took a while to get back to temp then it climmed to 274. Went to bed 1:30 after the temp started to drop. Up 6:30. First butt wrapped at 7:15. The other will be wrapped soon. Sure smells good. I am boring 3 beers at the party

Sounds beautiful! I remember my first all-nighter and being nervous. Now I crank the temp down and get a full 9 hours sleep. I'm so lazy. :becky:

Only all nighters I have done have been with my stickburner @ a contest. It was nice to get some sleep this time. Both butts off before 11A. Un wrapped to release the steam. Re wrapped and are in the cooler. Will pull shortly

Sounds beautiful! I remember my first all-nighter and being nervous. Now I crank the temp down and get a full 9 hours sleep. I'm so lazy. :becky:

Gotta love that 9 hour sleep while your meat is cooking outside!:cool:

Pork came out GREAT. Bone slipped right out. Meat was tender, moist and taste was Great Definately one of my best My 20 month old Graqndson, Geordie, scarfed it down

You should try using a STUMPS with a temp controller :thumb::sleep::sleep:

Back