Brisket Prices????

dodgeramsst2003

Full Fledged Farker
Ok, went out today in search of a brisket on short notice. I can get them from the local butcher with a few days notice for around $2/lb ( packer) I stopped by meijer and they had cryovaced brisket for 5.99/lb???? WTH? they looked horrible too. So I called another local meat place and they had one small flat left around 5 lbs. I went there and since I didn't feel like driving around burning up more $4 a gallon gas I bought it at $3.99/lb. What are you guys paying? 4 bucks a pound seems really high for basically a junk piece of the steer. I just wanted to smoke tonight so I bought it anyways, in the future I will plan better.

Chris

Chris last time I bought some flats at Sams Club they were abt. $2.00 #.

Krogers had some crappy little flats about the same price as Meijers last week, I just shook my head and walked on by.

Is there a Super Wally World close to you?
Ring them up and ask their prices.

Yeah - I've started calling ahead to most places I go - and all I drive is a crappy little Toyota, not a dodge ram sst

Brisket prices have been really frustrating for me lately. I prefer trimming my own, but flats only are normally less expensive per pound than the full packers. I have no idea why, but that's the way it seems to be here lately.

I picked up a 5lbs flat at Wal mart yesterday. $1.99 a pound smoked it today one of the best I've had!

My butcher carries them for $3.79, the local Acme carried cryo'ed flats at $4.99.

HEB Houston had them on sale this weekend. .69 cents a lb. for select packers. 1 per $10.00 purchase. We see them $1.39-$1.79 all day around here. They often drop a case of choice and CAB too with the selects.

In NJ, they are about two bucks a pound for choice. I get angus prime from a local BBQ restaurant for 1.98 a pound, he gives it to us for comps at his price.

I'm up here in Ohio and we can't get any nice size briskets at a good price. The best I found are in Texas.... I have my Aunt send them up to me when the go on sale. Can't beat the size or the price!

well, its nice to see the prices all across the board lol. Next time I'm ordering them through the local butcher. As it stands right now, the one I bought is in the smoker, has stalled at 160 and I'm waiting for the end of the plateau.

bbqbull, I think I'm gonna have to get a sams membership. I'm not sure where the closest super wally world is, I stopped by a wally world today and all they had was burgers and dogs.

I've been debating between sams and costco, but have no experience on what kind of meat costco has in stock, I might have to go look around. Me and the family got kind of upset with sams when they stopped the family add on memberships. I used to just pay and get a $10 add on to my moms. After they stopped that I got rid of the membership as did my mom and the rest of the family. Talk about pissing some people off, they lost a lot of business just from my family alone.

jayhawq, I used to drive a Ram, I've downgraded to a dakota lol, went from 15mpg to 17mpg. Wow its nice to move into the world of fuel efficient vehicles. Now I take that extra money and put it towards "Q"

I guess you just have to shop around to find everything at a decent price these days.

On edit, I think I'm just gonna have to move to texas. I hear everything is bigger there lol. Seriously? .69/lb on sale? I don't think you can buy manure for that price here hahah.

I just bought a full packer at Costco for $2.99. Fairway here in Iowa carries them for $3.99 per pound.

Restaurant Depot $1.79. Smart and final $1.99.

I got lucky yesterday. Smart & Final had 10 briskets for 25% off ($1.49/#) just because the sell by date was 8/3. I bought all 10 packers.

The Samsclub down the road from me has full packers for $1.68/pound...what's kind of crazy is there is a Walmart up north of the border in Missouri that sells them for $1.44/pound.

$1.67 a pound all day, everyday. At least the last three times I've boughten them.

Im not sure on the flats...all I cook is CAB packers $1.75/lb-$2.00/lb.

Hey Guys, sorry to hijack this thread, but I just had to. Bigmista is DA MAN! I just went on your website and saw pictures of the oxtails. Sweet! I was just thinking of trying it myself. And now back to brisket pricing.

BTW, I also get mine at RD for under $2.00/lb.

Back