Jack Draw this Friday

Butcher BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is going to be a live chat here during the draw this year? It would help everyone stay informed since alot of us will be at comps.

I asked MusicManRyann if he was going to have announce the draw winners as they happen over a PA system next Friday at his comp in Ames IA. He said he thought he'd probably be to nervous.

Having the draw on comp day is pretty awesome. Word will be spreading like wildfire. We are in for three in Missouri. Had four in last year and two the year before that. Didn't matter. Missouri is the toughest spot to win the draw from. But it is fun to be in it. One chance is better than none.

We don't get an automatic for the American Royal Invitational. Only the American Royal Open winner (Boondoggle) gets the auto from the AR.

We should be rolling into Great Bend just about when the draw starts.

The last few years, very little information has leaked out during the draw. We've all had to wait for the release of the final results.

On the other hand, can you imagine the size of the audience that a live webcast of the draw would have? Wow!!! They could even sell advertising!

Best of luck to all those who have their bungs in. Wish you all get yours pulled!

The last few years, very little information has leaked out during the draw. We've all had to wait for the release of the final results.

On the other hand, can you imagine the size of the audience that a live webcast of the draw would have? Wow!!! They could even sell advertising!

I have an idea, why don't you stay home and watch for the draw and give ua a chance this weekend. hahaha

I already know how this goes down. I start surfing on my iPhone. AT&T sucks so bad the little circle thing continues to spin only draining my battery and not retrieving information. I bang phone continually thinking that will help. Someone on Verizon shares results.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a live chat here during the draw this year? It would help everyone stay informed since alot of us will be at comps.

I suspect it might happen again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm off this Friday with nothing better to do so I'll be all over everything...KCBS...twitter...facebook...you-tube...if it leaks I'll find it...:becky:

[FONT=&quot]Here’s a list of teams that I know/believe are already in: (please add additional teams/make corrections if you know of any)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Old Number 7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rhythm’ N Que[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pellet Envy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Quau[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Automatic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2009 American Royal GC – Boondoggle BBQ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2009 Jack GC – I Que[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2010 Houston[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rodeo GC – Drillin n Grillin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2010 Memphis[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in May GC – Yahoo’s Delta Q[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AK [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AZ – [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AR [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CO [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DC – Quau (also in with 7) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DE [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HI [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ID – [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IN [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KS [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KY [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ME [/FONT]- I Smell Smoke
[FONT=&quot]MD [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MI [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MN – Shiggin n Grinnin (home state)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MS [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MO [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MT [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NE [/FONT]- Phat Jacks (home state)
[FONT=&quot]NV – Sweet Peppers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NH [/FONT]- Lo N' Slo
[FONT=&quot]NJ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NM [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NY [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NC [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ND [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OH [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OK [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OR [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PA [/FONT]- PA Midnight Smoker
[FONT=&quot]RI [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SC [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SD [/FONT]- Parrothead (homestate)
[FONT=&quot]TN [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TX [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UT – Tippy Canoe Crew[/FONT] and [FONT=&quot]R&R[/FONT] (homestate)
[FONT=&quot]VT [/FONT]- Feeding Frendz
[FONT=&quot]VA [/FONT]- Hambones by the Fire
[FONT=&quot]WA [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WV [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WI [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WY

CAN 1 - [/FONT]Prairie Smoke
CAN 2 - Black Pig
[FONT=&quot]
Teams in red are not for sure
[/FONT]

Last edited:
How did you determine the AZ entry?

I Smell Smoke!!! is in for Maine. I think Lakeside is in for Connecticut.. Lo N' Slo is in for New Hampsire. Feeding Frendz is in for Vermont...

Gotta give props to all my NEBS peeps...

I believe that Parrothead will be home state for South Dakota as well.

Another Arizona team, McFrankenboo BBQ, won a qualifier in Tijuana last weekend so there are now two Arizona teams in the draw there along with 4 Legs Up and Iowa Smokey D's. If either 4 Legs Up or Iowa Smokey D's gets drawn for Arizona, Smoked to the Bone and McFrankenboo will be put into an Arizona Home State Rep draw.

As for Idaho, R&R won an unsanctioned State Championship event, RnQ won the KCBS event in Boise (Thank you for #7!) and a team called Smokin' Hot Grill Friends won a PNWBA State Championship there in June. That means there are two teams in the Idaho draw but, I think R&R will get in even if they lose the Idaho draw because I believe they are the only Utah based team with a qualifying GC which would make them the Utah Home State Rep as a fallback.

We should be automatics under the homestate team from Nebraska....but will find out for sure sometime today.

The Home State Rep is only a fallback for teams not drawn and not an "Automatic" entry. Yes, I understand that being the only GC team from a particular state is as close to a guaranteed entry as there is but it is still up to the Jack folks to actually apply the Home State Rep position in that fashion and issue the invitation. In other words, it ain't a guarantee until you see your team name on the list of invitees.

Back