Thermoworks Thermapens

C

clubjoe

Has anyone used the Thermapens?? If so are they worth the money?? Seems a little pricey at $89.00 per Thermapen.

No, they are really lousy ;) Just kidding. It seems pricey but it is a fantastic instrument and I wouldn't be without it. Now as to color..........aw heck, it's been talked about before :)

Dude, you paid how much for that CTO? I love mine so much, I'm getting a second one.

Only the blue ones are worth $89. All others $87. Price increase is due to the accuracy. Well worth the money.

Randy ... where were you last week? Group buy for less.

According to Gator, mine should be on it's way to my house early next week.

Let me put it this way... if I was on my way to a BBQ contest that was 100 miles from my house and realized 3/4 of the way I'd forgotten my Thermapen... I'd turn around and go home to get it.

Has anyone used the Thermapens?? If so are they worth the money?? Seems a little pricey at $89.00 per Thermapen.

So versatile and so accurate!!

I just did 2 hamburger patties on the gasser.
1" thick Chuck Burgers.
Took them to 155-160 temp with the ThermoPen.
PERFECT--just beyond "red" and moist as could be!
Never had better burgers :lol:

Worth every Penney!!!!!

TIM

Next to my Leatherman, it's one of my most useful tools.

Worth every penny. I never realized how off my ET-73 could be (3-4 degrees) until I started noticing discrepancies with the Thermapen. Did the boil test and guess which one was dialed in and which one was off?

Thermapens are a very good tool to have.

Lemme say this.......Our county healt dept inspector was thrilled that I had one to check our chicken that we cook for our chicken dinners.

He said..........there gaurenteed within 3 degrees, certified from the factory.

Im going to purchase a second one very very soon.

The price was hard to swallow ... but I wouldn't be without mine now! We use it for everything from the smoker to the gasser to stuff done inside in some thing the wife calls an oven :biggrin:

Definitely wouldn't second guess getting another one!

I couldnt live without my thermapen anymore. Definately worth it.

DM

Ditto to what Don Marco said...It's an awesome tool for your kitchen as well as your BBQ. If you missed out on the group buy here you can go to the Big Green Egg forum and "ping" Mollyshark. She buys in bulk often and sells them at a discount. Try to get a "Green" one if you can...they are the most accurate. :twisted:

I guess I need to add another tool to my BBQ/Grilling arsenal....If this keeps up, I will need to build a dedicated cooking area in the back yard...Well, I have a new spring project.

I heard from a reliable source that the Blue ones were the most accurate and if you purchase 5 Blue ones you get the 6th one free

Besides the virtues that the guys have already pointed out, Thermoworks provides great customer service. Mine stopped turning off so i e-mailed them and had an RMA the same day. I sent it in and they repaired it and are shipping back to me for $10. That's great service and hard to beat!

++ Thermapen

It's by far the most used thermo I have especially in the kitchen for non bbq related activities. For bbq I use it all the time to spot check, but I should mention that I use my Nu Temps for monitoring. Just figured I'd plug them too. I also own a Maverick ET-73, but prefer the Nu Temps for their quality and longer wireless range.

For what it's worth, I've found the blue one to be both the fastest and most accurate of the bunch.

Back