• I use a different Thermoworks thermomerter

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I haven't purchased any Thermoworks products, but it is on my wish list

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I would never use any Thermoworks product

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One More Day to Participate in this Poll...........

Data and reason for the poll will be released tomorrow after the poll ends.

I use Thermapen Classic. I also have Maverick Remote Wireless probe but I rarely use that anymore since I mostly cook by feel and experience now.

I really don't even need Thermapen anymore but use it to double check.

I voted for a MK4 but I’m not 100% sure that’s what I have. I know it’s not the original as I had one and gave it to one of the kids and I know it’s not the latest iteration. So, from your list….?

(20) Responders have/use a Thermapen One
(45) Responders have/use a Thermapen MK4
(43) Responders have/use the Thermapen Classic
(10) Responders have/use a different Thermoworks Product
(08) Responders have Thermoworks on their wish list
(01) Responders have no plans to purchase a Thermoworks Product

Total responses - 127

Now for the reason for the Poll.....

As I age, I'm getting rid of clutter and duplicates of many BBQ related items. The MK4 was the predecessor to the Thermapen One, it was the first Thermapen to have a rotating display.

I had purchased an MK4 during a Thermoworks "clearance" sale as a back-up about 6 months ago. I have already gifted my friends and family a multitude Thermapens. I thought about selling this never used, new in the box, Red Thermapen MK4 with the magnetic "glow in the dark" silicone protective cover, but it's not worth the effort. I would have given this as prize on the Throwdown Forum, but the Mods had declined my prizes years ago. This allows me to create my own contest, and make my own rules. I have been cleaning out my extras and sharing them, so why not just have a contest to pick a BBQ-Brethren at random to receive this New MK4. To be fair, I created a contest that people did not know they might be entering. If you participated in the poll, your answer has entered you into the possible contest selection pool.

However, now we go to the verification / elimination of contestants......
The actual rules of the contest are very simple:

(1) You must be a current paid member of the BBQ-Brethren to be eligible to be entered into the drawing to win the MK4 or any other prize. Thank you for financially supporting the BBQ-Brethren Website.

(2) Those that have a Thermapen One, have a much superior item than the MK4, so you are not eligible to win the MK4 (keep reading).

(3) Those who already have an MK4 will also not be eligible to win the MK4 (keep reading).

But do not fear, I'll come up with a random prize drawing for those current paid members of the BBQ-Brethren, who have the Thermapen One or the MK4. This is not only to reward your honesty, but to keep in the spirit of having a contest for all to participate. The alternate Prize(s) will be determined in the next few days, so stay tuned for that separate prize drawing.

(4) Those current paid members of the BBQ-Brethren who have a Thermapen Classic, other Thermoworks Item, or have Thermapen on their wish list; will be eligible to win the Red ThermaPen MK4 and "glow in the dark" silicone protective cover. Your names will be loaded into a spreadsheet and given a reference number. A random number generator will be used to pick the lucky person to receive the Red Thermapen MK4 and protective cover.

GOOD LUCK to ALL.

While it is not mandatory, I would like to suggest suggest that if the winning recipient already has the Thermapen Classic, then maybe they would consider gifting it to someone else to pay it forward. Again this is not mandatory, just in the spirit of BBQ-Brethren giving.

I'm currently working on a large scale commercial job out of town, so give me a few days to put things together to draw the winner and I'll check back in with the results when i have free time.

When the winner of the Thermapen MK4 is announced, I'll begin the process of the random number generator to select a current paid member of the BBQ-Brethren to receive an alternate gift (maybe 2).

I myself have a multitude of Thermoworks items.

In the past six months I have recently upgraded to the Thermapen Ones. I gave my Thermapen Classics and my MK4s to friends and family who recently started smoking meats. I hope it is a tool that they will utilize as much as I have.

Currently I have several Thermapen Ones. I have a couple Dash-Mini's for last minute travel or gifting when cooking at a friends location. I have an IR, a multitude of the Thermoworks Silicone items (Spatulas, Spoontulas, Brushes, and Trivits).

The one item I use the most is my Thermoworks Signals. It only uses the the 2.4 GHZ WiFi, but I also have several other cooking items that share the same WiFi communication band. At first it was a pain setting things up for the different WiFi's ID's as I move things to other locations, then setting them back when I get back home. I quickly bought a Trendnet AP and set up the same network as I have at home. That solved the problem when I travel to a different location to cook, I simply plug in the access point to the network, and my Thermoworks Signals, Inkbird Sous Vide, and my other portable automation devices instantly connect to the LAN and WAN without any issues. No more setting up the devices, they are simply ready to go. I believe the same scenario could be achieved by using a Google WiFi Puck with the same network ID and password as your home network.

I'm late to the party but the Mini-TC is my favorite Thermoworks, mainly because the brain and probes are purchased separately. And there is huge selection of probes, and even probe extension cords. I have a Thrmapen style probe and a fine tip fast probe.

AJ4mNi9.jpg

Wayne,

The diversity of interchangeability of the "K" type probes is what first led me to Thermoworks. While it really wasn't what most might consider a "portable" unit, it was extremely accurate. I used a similar unit to this in my first culinary lessons many moons ago.

Thanks for sharing the pic, a reminiscent walk through our BBQ Past electronics.

I'm late to the party but the Mini-TC is my favorite Thermoworks, mainly because the brain and probes are purchased separately. And there is huge selection of probes, and even probe extension cords. I have a Thermapen style probe and a fine tip fast probe.

Poll Results

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Labor Day Weekend.

As everyone knows Big George was the winner of the Red Thermapen MK4 with protective silicone cover. This will be shipped out Tuesday.

Also awarded as an alternate prize for honesty in answers, the two following user will be awarded either a package of Oakridge BBQ Rub or a Bottle of Yes Dear BBQ sauce; whichever will fit the USPS Small Flat Rate Box without damage. Packages will be prepared and labels applied randomly before shipping on Tuesday.

1st Alternate Winner is BBQ-Brethren speed
2nd Alternate Winner is BBQ-Brethren snadamo

Thanks to everyone who answered the Thermapen Poll on the BBQ-Brethren.

I have one classic and two MK 4's. I had to have the classic repaired a couple of years ago and it still doesn't want to turn on sometimes so I mostly use one of the MK 4's.

Much appreciated Thank you soooooo much Just got home from PA last night Looking forward to opening the mail :grin:

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Labor Day Weekend.

As everyone knows Big George was the winner of the Red Thermapen MK4 with protective silicone cover. This will be shipped out Tuesday.

Also awarded as an alternate prize for honesty in answers, the two following user will be awarded either a package of Oakridge BBQ Rub or a Bottle of Yes Dear BBQ sauce; whichever will fit the USPS Small Flat Rate Box without damage. Packages will be prepared and labels applied randomly before shipping on Tuesday.

1st Alternate Winner is BBQ-Brethren speed
2nd Alternate Winner is BBQ-Brethren snadamo

Thanks to everyone who answered the Thermapen Poll on the BBQ-Brethren.

Thank you for your kindness. Was a very nice surprise.

The Poll was not advertised as a contest because I wanted to keep the answers simple and honest. The participants were rewarded for their participation in the BBQ-Brethren thread, and not coaxed by knowing it was a contest.

I got the Super Ultra FAST red one
Robert can I reimburse you for shipping
It was a contest, you won the Red Thermapen MK4 and the Silicone Cover; shipping was included.

Thank you for your kindness. Was a very nice surprise.
Your Welcome, enjoy the rub and sauce.

I’d also like to add my thanks. Much appreciated and a pleasant surprise.
Your Welcome, enjoy the sauce.

I hope the items bring some enjoyment to all three of you on one or more of your future cooks.

Last edited:
I’d also like to add my thanks. Much appreciated and a pleasant surprise.

Back