"Barn Burner Bar-B-Q" at Lambs Farm, Libertyville, IL, Oct. 19 & 20

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are any of the Brethren going to the "Barn Burner Bar-B-Q" at Lambs Farm?

While I won’t be competing, I am planning on stopping in and would like to meet any one that is.

The Smokin' Scotsmen will be there. Hope to see some of ya'll there!!!

10/19 - 10/20 2007
Libertyville, IL
State Championship
Barn Burner Bar-B-Q
Contact: Kate Cothell, 14245 W. Rockland Road, Libertyville, IL 60048
Phone: 847-990-3816 Fax: 847-362-0742
E-mail: kcothell@lambsfarm.org
KCBS Reps: LAKE MIKE, LAKE THERESA

Are any of the Brethren going to the "Barn Burner Bar-B-Q" at Lambs Farm?

While I won’t be competing, I am planning on stopping in and would like to meet any one that is.

This would be a great contest to jump in and join the fun of competition cooking. wE had a lot of fun at this one last year. Kate, the organizer is also a comp cook and they run a good contest. Plus it's all for a good cause for Lamb's Farm. We will also have 2 of the best reps that KCBS has, with Mike and Theresa Lake.

See you there.

Scottie

Well if Tonto's going, I guess i'll have to tag along!:cool:

I'm planning on judging.

I edited the title of the thread to include the location and date of the competition.

WOW! I guess I didn’t realize that this was that big of a competition…. I’m going to have to start a list to take with me just so I can be sure to meet all of you…

I agree that this one would be a great comp to start on but there is just a little more equipment that I need to get to pull off all four entries…. Fortunately, with the Cubs winning I can say ‘Wait Till Next Year’ for this competition rather than for them….

my wife and I will be there judging..may stop up friday night as well just to darken some teams doorsteps

I'm planning on judging.

I edited the title of the thread to include the location and date of the competition.

I'd like to help judge this event, got my CBJ at Silver lake this year. I have e-mailed Kate and left her a message at her #, until now no response. Any other ideas how to get on the judging list?

Would like to meet some of uou after the judging. Hopefully my son will be joining for the weekend fun.

Huh, I got a hold of her. Nice lady, will be sitting on the bench as of right now. Put me in coach, I'm ready.

Great Lakes BBQ should be there if my leg gets better.

'Ron L', '2Fat', & 'michiana mark',

Are you guys going to be around on Friday or just Saturday?

I was thinking of just stoping out on Friday, but now that I see there are so many brothers that are going to be there I may swing back on Saturday and cheer them on!

Right now I think it will be just Saturday for me. I am landing at O'Hare after a week in Norway (business) at around 2:00 on Friday. If I have enough energy I may stop by for a while on Friday, but I doubt it.

I'm planning on judging.

Stop on by Ron I'll try to have a decent cup of coffee for ya:wink:

My son and I will be up friday. He really wants to cook one of these. He was able to get the weekend off work, so we're coming to compete. It will be our first time competing. Will be happy to finish on schedule, and make the turn ins. Hope to meet a bunch of people and have a good time.

Not going to stand on the edge and dip a toe, might as well just jump in. can't do any worse than last.:p

Good for you Mark!!! I'll tell ya what everyone told us when we first started......Remember to have a good time!!!! See ya there.

Get your wild game on won't be making it this year. Ron will be there to represent as a judge like he said. Wish I could make it. It is a very well run contest. Kate did fantastic last year.

Back