Contest Results The Big Pig Gig: Menomonee Falls, WI 9/19 - 9/20, 2008 ***Results Added***

Since it is my first time cooking here I will contact them & see if they assign sites or just put you somewhere when you show-up to see what can be arranged.

I will see if I can get Dive, Ron, Fat Andy, Freeman Bros. together.

thanks! That would be great. I want to be next to Jeff in case i forget something. :biggrin:

Anyone doing Zoo-B-Q in Racine the following weekend? We're trying to decide which of these two to do, can't afford both.

Since it is my first time cooking here I will contact them & see if they assign sites or just put you somewhere when you show-up to see what can be arranged.

I will see if I can get Dive, Ron, Fat Andy, Freeman Bros. together.

Don't forget the Smokin' Scotsmen!

Anyone doing Zoo-B-Q in Racine the following weekend? We're trying to decide which of these two to do, can't afford both.

Hi Dann! We're cooking both. Menominee is more money, but also more teams. The Zoo is a great place to cook. Camping out all night among the animals is just cool. The lion roaring at 2AM is a great sound. If those meercats keep staring at me this year i AM going to cook one of them :rolleyes:

Smo' Sco's will be there...looking foward to it. We just got back home from an 11 day road trip. We did Albert Lea MN(fantastic first time event) the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd and spent some time camping and enjoying in MN and WI and made our way to the Milwaukee contest for Labor Day weekend. Had a great time, and part of us really wanted to head to Dubque on Saturday....but the part that wanted to get home won out.:p See ya'll in a couple weeks!!:-D

Not this year, but, hell, the ever growing circle of distances that we travel....now adding in NC, AR, and possible some GA into the mix.......maybe next year I can talk Dallas into heading up NE of Ohio.....God, that is scary, to think that there is life beyond Cleveland....laughs....and besides, with all of the great folks that head up that way, how could we resist. Good luck to all who are heading up.....and damn, Smokin Sco's.....you guys are really putting on the miles............awesome!

They are changing locations at Menomonee this year. Trailer and rigs will go on top of the hill. First come first served is what Jenny told me for spots.

I talked with Billy this morning and he's telling me that FatBoyZ BBQ is going to be there too!!!!

That should be a blast... Think I'll be over by Papa Hogg!

I talked with Billy this morning and he's telling me that FatBoyZ BBQ is going to be there too!!!!

That should be a blast... Think I'll be over by Papa Hogg!

Billy who? :rolleyes:

I saw Fat Boyz on the list of teams on the Big Pig Gig web site.

They are changing locations at Menomonee this year. Trailer and rigs will go on top of the hill. First come first served is what Jenny told me for spots.

not true,,,,, anyone wanting power will be on top that is what thay are telling us... so i am working on a 20kw gen to bring our tr will be down below unless jenny is changing rules again

Billy is out of hiding finally?Did you finally out run Bibs?

Actually if we(I ) can get my chit together we may be down to ruin another brisket.I would like to get one more in yet before the snow starts flying.Longe range plans do include some cookin on the ice if I can find another crazed individual to go with...

not true,,,,, anyone wanting power will be on top that is what thay are telling us... so i am working on a 20kw gen to bring our tr will be down below unless jenny is changing rules again

It's not about the power, it's about getting rigs into that field. It got torn up pretty good and some rigs also got stuck getting through that gate and steep incline.

It's not about the power, it's about getting rigs into that field. It got torn up pretty good and some rigs also got stuck getting through that gate and steep incline.

I was wonderin how some of the rigs got down on the field last year.It looks pretty tight for some of the large units gettin thru the area to get in.

OK, so it looks like the teams going are:

For Sure:
Papa Hogg & The Piglet’s (Papa Hogg)
Stockcar BBQ (Divemaster)
Freeman Brothers (AFreemaniii)
Fat Andy’s Backyard BBQ (Trainwreck)
Captain Ron’s Brew-n-Que (Ron_L)
Smokin Scotsman (Tonto1117)
FatBoyz BBQ (Fatboyz)
CancerSucks (Scottie)
Maybe:
Bringin The Heat (Coz)
I would like nothing better than to have as many Brother/Sister teams together as we can. So, what I’m proposing is that we all meet and enter at the same time. What are your thoughts on it?
Let me know!

I'm for sure... As I am doing some work and promo for them again this year. Wouldn't miss it.

I'll change the list! What are your thoughts on setting up near each other?

I'll be up on the hill because of my rig...

Back