Price Comparison

Chickenbone

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey buds - just paid $ 2.39/lb for spares and $ 1.99/lb for a bone-in butt at BJ's. How do these prices rate vs. what you guys pay in your locality. I'm just south of Boston, MA. Thanks in advance for your input. :clap2:

"Featured" price of $3.49 lb for spares here in east coast canada...I passed

We still see sales for butts and spares for $1.99/lb around here. Pork is still reasonable, but beef is out of sight.

Sam's case price for butts is 1.47/lb here. Spare prices are better right now at Winn Dixie @ 1.79/lb per cryo.

I work for a food distributor and we are selling butts at 1.35, shoulder is running 1.24. If you call up a local distributor you can pick up from their will call area, but secret is you get a sales rep to set up your account and then place orders through them with better pricing.

1.55 bone in butts at RD. starting to prep them now for a cook tomorrow .

Publix here in Tn has bone in butts for 2.49 lb. Sam's is always cheaper

Checked this morning at the local grocer. Getting ready to cook 6-10 Butts and rib racks for friends and employees Christmas presents.

$1.79 Bone In Butts
$1.97 Spares

I may call Sams but the closest is an hour and a half away. Doubt it will be worth it.

Just called Sam's in Mobile, AL. $1.45 for Bone in Butts in the case of 8. Average weight is 70-80 pounds.

I just picked up 17lbs of bone in buts Cryovaced, at Safeway for $1.27 per, first time I have seen them at this store. Phoenix az

Butts here between 140 to 150 lb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I pay about $1.90/lb for spares, and $1.28/lb for Boston Butts at the Cash-Wa Retail Store.

Appreciate the input guys, thanks. I figured that pricing would be a tad higher here in New England. Now that I know that I'm high, :mrgreen: I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for weekly specials.

Last edited:
We are paying roughly the same as you, Chickenbone, here in Central California. Sometimes a little lower, sometimes higher.

Matt

Spares are running $2.29lb or $2.02lb/case and the butts are running $1.42lb or $1.37lb/case at the Business Costco.

Well looking at buying a straight hog here soon and butchering it my self. We usually just skin them . Makes it quick and easy,no more work then cleaning a deer. I priced the auction Monday and they went for 61 cents a lb. That's for top grade #1. less for sows and such.

Back